More hassle for us xtra customers.

More
14 years 5 months ago #2653 by witheze
Took ten attempts to connect to xtra this morning. I have just heard on news that others are experiencing the same.[I thought it was just me] However my perseverance paid off . :p

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #75455 by reggit
Mine cut out for a while last night but was back to normal after about an hour

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 5 months ago #75458 by kate
I had problems too but its' okay now. But I still can't download any emails from wave/ihug and there is a ten minute wait on their helpline. The fact that their website is down is a bad sign......

Web Goddess

More
14 years 5 months ago #75464 by oskatd
So, why do you bother? There are a heap of other ISP's out there..... I've had a few problems here with my BB because of power cuts, and telstra can't do enough to help, no wait on their line and they have phoned me back after each time to check that everything is going OK. Vote with your feet people....

More
14 years 5 months ago #75467 by GrantK
Xnet Wireless is rocking on, Super-Fast as always [8D]

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
14 years 5 months ago #75468 by witheze
I tried the highly recommended xnet oska but their speed was so bad I had to crawl back to xtra, and when my neighbour was moaning about her speed with ihug I took my laptop and plugged in at her place and got 10kbs faster speed with xtra, same phoneline, so I'm staying with xtra until we get updated lines out here.:(

More
14 years 5 months ago #75472 by Ronney
I gave up trying to connect at all last night and spent an hour on their "Helpline"[?] listening to a heap of worn out, out-dated music and still didn't get to speak to anybody. It's taken 20 minutes this morning and the same scenario with their Helpline.

I'm often tempted to move elsewhere but up here I suspect it better the devil you know than the one you don't and like Witheze will stick with it until things are updated - if ever as rural don't seem to figure high on their list of priorities.

Cheers,
Ronnie

• Toni - Northland
14 years 5 months ago #75488 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic More hassle for us xtra customers.
I am at the library as I still can't get onto xtra. I rang them this morning and after 'talking' to many robot ladies, I got a real person. This one I could hardly understand the accent. I asked what was going on and would I receive a credit. She went off to find out and said that if it was out for 48 I MIGHT get a credit. I said thank you, I will be ringing back when it comes on to receive my credit. It is frustrating as I have stuff on TM that closed last night.

More
14 years 5 months ago #75515 by GrantK

quote:Originally posted by witheze

...I'm staying with xtra until we get updated lines out here.:(

Geez, I wouldn't hold your breath for that one Witheze.

I can pretty much guarantee that the standard of service you have now is all you're ever going to get so far as Copper Wires in the ground go.

The future will be wireless of some sort or other. Possibly WiMAX but in some of the more remote areas, satellite will probably be the way it goes.

You can get Satellite Broadband now for $57 per month from Wireless Nation, but the installation cost is over $1000 which is too much for a lot of people.

It's high time the government stepped up to the plate with a subsidy to help people in remote areas get connected to broadband.

More
14 years 5 months ago #75523 by ardnas
Yes, we are in Matangi and have had problems since yesterday.[}:)]

What am I saying? We ALWAYS have problems with our xtra/broadband![}:)]:([V] Just the last day has been worse.

It keeps crashing me out of this website. This is an ongoing problem and I have to refresh the page over and over to get in again. This usually happens as I am sending a post. So I refresh the page, and I see that I have posted the same comment twice in error. Very frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!![}:)][xx(]

More
14 years 5 months ago #75540 by wyseyes
All of you who are on Xtra, and constantly are let down by their performance and service (or lack therof), Why are you still with Xtra?

If you buy your fruit from a shop, and that shop is constantly selling rotten fruit, why keep shopping there? Especially when the common knowledge is that it is going to get more rotten and quite stinky.

New Zealand has over 100 Internet Service Providers, some big, some small. Grant and I have recommended what we feel are the picks of the bunch, it is not too painful to change. Organise the new ISP, make sure it works, send out an email to all your contacts with your new email address, then forget Xtra.

Remember - Any wiring problems, phone lines = Telecom. Connections, dialups, logins and Slow speed = ISP.

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
14 years 5 months ago #75553 by ccrk9

quote:Originally posted by wyseyes

All of you who are on Xtra, and constantly are let down by their performance and service (or lack therof), Why are you still with Xtra?

If you buy your fruit from a shop, and that shop is constantly selling rotten fruit, why keep shopping there? Especially when the common knowledge is that it is going to get more rotten and quite stinky.
New Zealand has over 100 Internet Service Providers, some big, some small. Grant and I have recommended what we feel are the picks of the bunch, it is not too painful to change. Organise the new ISP, make sure it works, send out an email to all your contacts with your new email address, then forget Xtra.
Remember - Any wiring problems, phone lines = Telecom. Connections, dialups, logins and Slow speed = ISP.

Its easier said than done to switch. We are still on dial up with Xtra and its not great, boradband xtra is available out here and as far as I'm aware its about as good or not as everyone says. Many of the opposition providers only offer a cheap internet service if you take their toll packages - and as we make less than one toll call per month they are no use to us. Wireless (if its available) is way to expensive.

The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable
living from a small piece of land. ~ Abraham Lincoln ~

More
14 years 5 months ago #75557 by GrantK

quote:Originally posted by ccrk9

Its easier said than done to switch. We are still on dial up with Xtra and its not great, boradband xtra is available out here and as far as I'm aware its about as good or not as everyone says. Many of the opposition providers only offer a cheap internet service if you take their toll packages

Well, that's why I recommended Xnet, because they don't make any stipulation as to whether Tolls are included or not:

Xnet HSI Broadband

No $10 Charge

"Most ISPs require that you be a tolls customer in order to get their discounted broadband rates.

With WorldxChange you won’t have $10 added to your broadband cost if you do not choose us as your toll provider. We believe so strongly in our customer service that we would like you to make that choice".

Full details are here:

www.xnet.co.nz/hsi/

As for "being easier said than done to switch", it takes just one phone call to a Toll-Free number. How easy is that [?]

• maggies mum
14 years 5 months ago #75559 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic More hassle for us xtra customers.
X-net here too, unlimited dial-up for under $10 and much cheaper calls all round than xtra!

Ditch 'em for gawds sake, it is very simple honest, just ring x-net tell them you want to switch, give 'em some details and hang up, thats it! They do the rest!

More
14 years 5 months ago #75693 by oskatd
Telstra don't care who your calls are with either....

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds