Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!

More
13 years 3 months ago #367419 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
Andrea that's great news about your DD...I hope there are many such stories of people returning safely to their families...

Web Goddess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #367423 by Dream Weaver
Andrea and others in and near Chch (((Hugs)))). cant even begin to imagine the terror. I hate the things at the best of times. i think id still be running.
Zayle hugs to you and anyone else out of Chch who have family and friends in or near and are worried for them.
I was telling Mel my daughter today, that when she is an old lady she will remember and talk about this like the oldies of today talk about the Napier Quake.
Love & Light

More
13 years 3 months ago #367424 by Stikkibeek
Wonder how Jenna fared in all this. She was just looking forward to finally getting her house repaired after the Sept quake.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
13 years 3 months ago #367425 by kaybe
Replied by kaybe on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!

Andrea;358748 wrote: NZ Apps works for a lawyer who works in the Provincial Chambers bldg which has collapsed. Can only hope she wasn't in today.

I certainly hope not. Can anyone txt her and check?

I was sitting here tonight and watching the news and it felt like being back in CA again on the morning of Sept 11. :(

I wish there was something we could do to help... maybe if there was a nationwide call to donate tents and blankets, some national company like RD1 could ship them to the nearest airport and the airforce could deliver them... I have a good tent and sleeping bags which I would happily donate to a needy family.

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
13 years 3 months ago #367426 by kaybe
There is a link at the top of the NZ Herald website that lists people being searched for/people found. I wonder if Kate could put in some names that we haven't heard from?

More
13 years 3 months ago #367432 by kate
Kaybe, I don't know people's real names.... :( If anyone knows the real names of our Chch people they can pm them to me and I'll use the Herald website to look for news.

Web Goddess

More
13 years 3 months ago #367434 by Kalmara
Replied by Kalmara on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
Gutting, still waiting to hear from SIL & her 4 teens, my brother is OK, but hadn't been able to make contact with them.
Also a g/friend that worked in one of the highrise buildings in the square is MIA.
My father was thrown to the floor, along with all the contents of his unit by the sounds of it. He still had power and phone, but no water (plenty of bottled water stored thou)
Did manage to contact g/friend in Kaiapoi, which seemed to have escaped any structual damage, unfortunately her BIL was killed at his workplace.
My daughter (midwife) is at Wellington Hospital to assist with the pregnant women being airlifted from CHCH.
Is going to be a long night.

More
13 years 3 months ago #367437 by kate
Sandy I can't even begin to understand how frightening this must be for you. I'm thinking of you and sending you huge cyber hugs...

Web Goddess

More
13 years 3 months ago #367438 by kaybe
My God Kalmara that really brings it home. My thoughts are prayers are with you for the safe return of missing friends and family.

I was thinking of cowvet and wondering how he (she?) has fared - was in the thick of the last one...

More
13 years 3 months ago #367440 by kaybe

Kate;358792 wrote: Kaybe, I don't know people's real names.... :( If anyone knows the real names of our Chch people they can pm them to me and I'll use the Herald website to look for news.

Darn, I thought it might be recorded in the registration info...:(

More
13 years 3 months ago #367441 by kate
Sorry, you really are anonymous...

Web Goddess

More
13 years 3 months ago #367450 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
I've emailed and texted everyone I can think of. Emails appear to be getting through, where people have power to access the internet, but texts are mostly not getting through. I lost count of the numbers of texts I sent to just my 3 family members who were in town, and my daughter got just one, husband none, son none. Wish there was a more reliable way of staying in touch in an emergency. DS and DH are both ham radio operators, but that doesn't do me or DD much good....

More
13 years 3 months ago #367451 by Neverathome stayhomemum
Thinking of all our Cantab family. Bed's here in Ingill if anyone wants to escape for a while.

More
13 years 3 months ago #367452 by kate
I know some of our Cantab family are too busy worrying about their family and friends to check into lsb but I wish they'd log in and tell us they're safe....

Web Goddess

More
13 years 3 months ago #367454 by Minky2
Replied by Minky2 on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
Thanks, keep the comforting supportive posts coming in. I've just come back on here to read through them and it really does help knowing people care and are thinking of everyone in ChCh. We've just had another series of aftershocks only seconds apart - they just keep on and on and it's not nice at all especially at night. I have badly traumatised family members and animals to cope with here, but that's nothing compared to what many people are dealing with. Contact with friends and family is intermittent at the moment which makes it even harder. Those of you offering accommodation and support are fantastic and special people, it's really appreciated.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds