Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!

More
13 years 3 months ago #367396 by Cucs
Replied by Cucs on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
What can we do to help, blood yes, but is there anything else..........

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #367397 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
I am stunned at the activity in that area. [:0]
This site shows the regularity of it. :(
As you roll over the time it shows where the epicentre was.
Click on "play/pause button, hover, you will find it. It is scary and may not be over.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 3 months ago #367399 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!

spoook;358753 wrote: I am stunned at the activity in that area. [:0]
This site shows the regularity of it. :(
As you roll over the time it shows where the epicentre was.
Click on "play/pause button, hover, you will find it. It is scary and may not be over.

As well as the regularity almost all of those quakes are

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
13 years 3 months ago #367400 by shad297
Replied by shad297 on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
I would give blood but apparently the NZ Blood Service don't want mine as I lived in UK late 80s and I might have mad cow disease, well they can't test for it it seems which is a shame as I would be willing. I don't think UK is the only country excluded. I haven't checked their website for a year or so. Just think how many kiwis have been over to UK and Europe late 80s early 90s, that takes out an awful lot of people! Just saying.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
13 years 3 months ago #367401 by dubdub
Replied by dubdub on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
PLenty of room here in Hamilton too. :(

More
13 years 3 months ago #367403 by Hasbeen
Replied by Hasbeen on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
First I knew was a crying Daughter saying I am all right Mum.
It took what seemed ages to find the work phone # of the second Daughter's work.
She was devastated along with all her work-mates, as their work place was wrecked, but they were outside having a cigarette when it struck.
I will not say a word against smoking ever again after that.
We found husbands & partners, kids & grand-kids over the next few hrs.

I am now holding my breath, as the Daughter who made it home safely, went out again, to find her partner's blind Mother.

They were heading for New Brighton hours ago & no word.

Recovering Lifestyler

More
13 years 3 months ago #367404 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
I have just spoken to a friend in Chch, she say the devastation is so much worse this time. Chch will never be the same. Last one is nothing compared to this.
I was in tears at the hopelessness of the situation, there is still a large lump in my throat.

I might just have a drink and curl up in a ball. There is nothing I can do. :(

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 3 months ago #367405 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
I think this is what so many of us are feeling - totally helpless - what can we do, so far away? Daughter was staying here but went back to Wellington to be with a friend of hers who hadn't heard from her parents in Chch - guess all we can do is be there in spirit

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
13 years 3 months ago #367406 by Stikkibeek
One of my collegues has a son at uni in CHch. He sent her a pic of his shower which thankfully he wasn't in since the glass surround shattered into millions of bits.

My thoughts and prayers with all down there.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
13 years 3 months ago #367408 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
Mum and Dad ok but their house is a mess, Nick and Paul ok but scared, friend texted and said she was ok but very very frightened. I tried to contact them this afternoon but had no news until late this afternoon. I've been sick with worry. Mum went into hospital yesterday for exploratory surgery so didn't know if she was home or if Dad was on his way to visit or there with her or on his way home. Turned out they were home, Nick checked on them and said there's not a stick of china or anything breakable in one piece, everything is smashed and on the floor, no power. Mum was taking charge of the clean up and in a panic, Nick yelled at her to just Stop worrying about the bloody carpet and floors, there's no power so she can't vacuum!!! Nicks going back to their place once Paul is home and she's going to pick them up and take the home to their place, they are elderly and have no phone or power and Mum needs to rest. Dad is apparently a bit rattled but ok, not panicky like Mum.... I can't do a bloody thing!

Yakut

More
13 years 3 months ago #367411 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
Grove owners daughter was working in that CTV building that basicaly colappsed :( she is out and alive so thats a bonus .. badly hurt back and large cuts to legs.. in the emergancy trearge ( spelling) centre still ... but at least she is alive

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
13 years 3 months ago #367412 by Denneaux
Replied by Denneaux on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
There's accomodation here in Dunedin if anyone needs it. Thinking of you poor Cantabrians!

Unless stated, the above post is not meant as criticism.

Go back and read it again in your HAPPY voice!

More
13 years 3 months ago #367413 by LMCL65
Replied by LMCL65 on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
To all those waiting to hear, my thoughts and prayers are with you. To all those who have heard embrace your loved ones. So impotent here in the Waikato only thoughts can be sent. I have the same issue as shad297, would donate but they won't take it.

Laurette, mother to Eamon (16), Sebastian and Cheve (angel cats) Henry and Bellatrix cats, Sadie and Billy Bob(dogs) Rocky, Lola and Hersephone (rainbow goat) (Goats), Sparrow and Esme (cows), 6 chickens , 6 Khaki campbell ducks, tadpoles and goldfish.

More
13 years 3 months ago #367416 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
DD finally found in Latimer Sq, where she and a few others from her school were evacuated to. She was in an older bldg (one of the high school's bldgs) in the City Mall which lost its front while she was still inside it, not too many in the bldg, and all got out, she thinks, as they had to make their way out, dead and dying under rubble. She is really freaked out. I still feel like this is a very bad dream. It took DH 3 hours to get to her, and 2 more hours to get home. But they are home. I feel so very sad for those who will never get home, and for their families who have lost.

More
13 years 3 months ago #367418 by TKFARMER
Replied by TKFARMER on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
Just been watching it on tv and what a bomb site,with the quake being so shallow it did more damage.I am unable to donate blood but is there anything we can do.Maybe put some people up for a while.tkf

Playing farmer on 3.5 acres. [:)][:)]

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds