Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!

More
13 years 2 months ago #367370 by Pumpkingirl
Tigger is in Chch visiting her Mum, she's just texted to say she's ok. I burst into tears, I'm so glad.

My thoughts are with everyone, I hope you are all safe.

PS Just spoke with Simkin's hubby, he says she and their family are all ok, just a few things off walls but no major damage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #367371 by 3scoremiles10
My thoughts are with you all. We were just in Christchurch last week, happy to see the city recovering. It feels so unreal!

More
13 years 2 months ago #367372 by stephclark
thinking of you all down there.. hope our LSB family get thru this ok.. this is such a shock.. just terrible.. i am still trying to make contact with collegues in chch, so i can only imagine what you all feel worrying about family..

More
13 years 2 months ago #367373 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
Thanks for the heads up on Simkin PG!
Thanks also to this fantastic network for alerting us to the disaster and for the ability to check on all our extended LSB family, my thoughts are with all of you who are affected.

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
13 years 2 months ago #367375 by Seaside
Replied by Seaside on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
Horrible. We are OK. My older two boys' dad lives opposite the Arts Centre, the oldest is very worried because we haven't heard from him. We haven't heard from any friends in the city yet, I know the Everyone is really shaken - lots of tears. The news says it all. Rangiora looks fine for those who have loved ones there (drove in to pick up my boy from school). Really worried about everyone. Would be good to hear from NZApps, she works in a law office in the city centre.

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
13 years 2 months ago #367376 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
I am sitting here at work with tears in my eyes. So much devestation, where do we all begin now?

My thoughts are with you all in the affected area.

That might explain why I can't get through to Telecom on the phone.

OMG, I have just watched the videos.... it is like a war zone.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 2 months ago #367377 by Minky2
Replied by Minky2 on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
I'm at home now in Chch city - it's really hard to get anywhere, the traffic is terrible and I think we are one of the few areas in ChCh with power. I was driving when it hit and all traffic ground to a halt, you could not drive the car at all. There is way more stuff thrown around in our homes than during the 4 Sept quake and the aftershocks are terrible - the one we just had which was a 5.5 is the first time I have ever screamed in all the quakes we have had, the noise was terrible and I could not get to the door for the shaking - they are very shallow quakes which makes them way worse. Nerves are finally shot to pieces. Thoughts and prayers are with everyone here and we are all going to have to be very supportive to each other for a long time.

More
13 years 2 months ago #367378 by Xartep
Replied by Xartep on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
I feel really helpless.

Finally heard from all OH's family who live down there and they all okay, phew. Spread out a bit and might be a while before the kids can get back to parents but at least they are okay.

Very stressful couple of hours.

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
13 years 2 months ago #367385 by kaybe
Replied by kaybe on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
Thank you PG for passing on the news about tigger, I was worried she was in the middle of it all. My thoughts are with you all.

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
13 years 2 months ago #367387 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
We have people space if peeps from Chch want to come up this way

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
13 years 2 months ago #367388 by Xartep
Replied by Xartep on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!

eelcat;358743 wrote: We have people space if peeps from Chch want to come up this way

My thoughts exactly, was in the process of planning how I would house MIL for 2 months until she goes to visit other son in US.[;)]

Will have to wait and see how much damage done to their property.

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
13 years 2 months ago #367389 by kaybe
Replied by kaybe on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!

eelcat;358743 wrote: We have people space if peeps from Chch want to come up this way

Same here although we're a long way away I know, but if anyone just wants to get right away from it all.

Does anyone know which company NZ Appaloosas works for?

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
13 years 2 months ago #367391 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
Still waiting here for a txt back from my brother and his partner, but they live/work out by the airport, which is apparently less damaged than the central/west areas.

update, they're home safe in hornby... phew

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
13 years 2 months ago #367392 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
NZ Apps works for a lawyer who works in the Provincial Chambers bldg which has collapsed. Can only hope she wasn't in today.

More
13 years 2 months ago #367395 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Fork!!!!! What a quake!!!!
Thinking of all the people in Chch...the news reports are terrifying. Thanks for posting about Tigger PG, I was hoping she'd get in touch...

We have a three bedroomed house in the Waikato which we can offer if anyone needs to get away - just send a pm or email.

Web Goddess

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds