Bunging up the holes

More
11 years 4 months ago #26367 by Ghilly
Bunging up the holes was created by Ghilly
I have been busy in the 'Nasty shed' patching holes with old tin cans. Yesterday I worked on the front bit. There is a door to this bit that has never opened, actually, it's more like a hole was cut in the tin and a frame made for a door and the bit of tin cut out was nailed to the frame....
This didn't fit properly, it's been padlocked in fact there are two doors the same, both locked way back whenever. The other door fits more or less.
I have tacked tin cans across the gaps in the wall where the door doesn't fit. It was a hot day yesterday but it was cooler in the 'Nasty shed'...... today, with all the gaps around the ill fitting door covered over, the ruddy shed is like an oven and I have made very little progress to that which I made yesterday.

I couldn't get any rodent netting, the stuff that comes in @8cm high x metres in length, so I had to but a roll of wire and cut it into short widths.

The floor seems to have been sliced through at some stage and two very wide boards are bora riddled at the wall end and have only one floor joist to rest on... they're nailed but wobbly. Iieeeeyyyyyy Talk about a tacked together shed! The walls seem to be held together with hinges, remove the pins and the whole thing, theoretically comes apart... well that might have been the plan when it was first constructed. I think it's been brought in from somewhere else and used as a storage area for a....... car enthusiast shall we say.

I have just reached a difficult bit and it's not only difficult to get at but I haven't quite nutted out how I'm going to do it....... I have a limited amount of cans left ...... a roll of small chook netting and it needs to be rain and rodent deflecting. I know I can't stop them all but at least I can have a bloody good go at limiting their access points.

I need to get this done so I can store a bit more stuff from the garage, in there. A friend is giving us their old carpet so we can do the other rooms....... oh joy!

I did have the garage sorted at one point... then we got that carpet given to us which took me a while to put down....... then we got a small dining table and started to sand it down...... oh poop, veneer, never mind but I haven't got around to finishing it and it's now got an old shower curtain over it to keep it clean and assorted bits and pieces with nowhere else to live at the moment, on top.

There IS nowhere to put this new carpet unless I sort things out.... so sorting I am doing.... eeeee but it's hot in there with the gaps covered off and the sun beating down. There's a hole in the roof and the sun has been at a certain angle so it's come through that ruddy hole and right onto me, cos I just happened to be working in that spot.

Yakut

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #366649 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Bunging up the holes
Good on you, really feel for you and know just how it feels, it will be worth it in the end I'm sure.

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
11 years 4 months ago #366665 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Bunging up the holes
Er, photos :rolleyes:..... so I can visualise, we may have "stuff" that can help you.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
11 years 4 months ago #366684 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Bunging up the holes
Sorry, haven't taken any photos yet, I've been flat out... for me. :p

I've found some old computer cases that I've flattened out and will do great for some of the more substantial areas I may come across.
I'll post a photo as soon as I can......

It's basically a big rectangle that has been dropped next to the garage and joined to the garage by a hole cut through the side of the garage, a bit of flooring between the two and some tin for the sides.. there is a gap under the edge of the garage roof... well anyway, that bit gets complicated when trying to explain.

The shed is made of sheets of iron and a wooden frame which looks like it was put there in two pieces and joined together by nails or whatever.

I had a closer look at the roof today.... ooh errr... it's just the ends where the guttering is.... the guttering is on the garage but the shed runoff goes into it from the other side of the guttering, so the guttering is impossible to get at without moving a building.... then there's the guttering on the other side of the garage where the carport roof runs into it as well.... this is in the same impossible position as the other one. I think it may need a new bracket but there's no way of getting at the guttering or putting another bracket up.....
I'll think of something.......... It's a slow process of getting jobs done and one job tends to bleed into another, from the shed roof to the garage to the carport...... and then there's this new carpet to be laid.... [xx(]
Oooh I know, I'll just get so fed up wittering on about it I will just get on with it..... it's the emptying of rooms to get the old stuff up and the new stuff down and where to put everything in the meantime and where to sleep as well!!!!!! I'll just have to get the job done or I'll be sleeping in the lounge and cluttering up the place...... hey ho..... I think I need to put my binoculars down and focus on what's right in front of me LOL.

Yakut

More
11 years 4 months ago #366710 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Bunging up the holes
good to see you back Yakut.. and well done on your hard work.. we had a shed that sounds just like yours.. i took the easy route.. pushed it over and set fire to it :) .. but storage is storage.. love the idea of patching with tin cans btw.. awesome..

More
11 years 4 months ago #366743 by Ghilly
In the late 90's I went to Texas and was taken to a little place called Gurene? (It was German and sounded like Green).... there they had an old shop/barn/sort of building with rumpty old pool tables and a bar. The floor was patched with old number plates, it looked great.
I think it was the bar used in the film "Michael" with John Travolta. Well it was a hard case little local pub that looked like it could have been a community hall in disguise with a stage at the end which in my opinion would defy walking on LOL.

So... I nicked the idea of the number plates and substituted tin cans, cos it's what we had a few of and they bend easily.... I have no idea how long they will last, probably not long, but the ones on the floor may last a little longer than the ones on the door gaps....

Yakut

More
11 years 4 months ago #366748 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Bunging up the holes
nothing like a little lateral thinking..

More
11 years 4 months ago #366845 by Ghilly
I've taken photos but I'm really busy today.... well, really busy for me... picked up some second hand carpet after renting a trailer and now am about to load the trailer up with rubbish to go to the dump YAY!!! How long has it taken me to do this? seems like forever! We will FINALLY have a clear spot!!!! YAY!!!!! Better get on with it, it won't load itself.
I'll have a crack at getting the photos off the camera and into somewhere where I can get at them to post..... Gods! Technical things really are a pill when you don't have a technical brain cell in your body LOL.

Yakut

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds