Microsoft Windows call...

More
13 years 4 months ago #26362 by DiDi
Boy I am grumpy tonight. I had the Indian "Hi this is Mark from Microsoft Windows" and my immediate reply was excessively rude as in: "No you are a fu**ing scam so p**s off." Funny that - he has not rung back. When are they going to give up or are they making money in NZ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #366521 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Microsoft Windows call...
Did he give a response or did you hang up? I either get cross with these turkeys or decide to have some fun, depending on my mood or the day I've had. I read somewhere once, that a good way to get rid of them is to ask for their DDI number, saying that you will ring them back in a few minutes when you have finished doing whatever you are doing :D . I actually had someone give me their number after I asked this one once - after I had explained her stupidity, I still hung up!!!!

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
13 years 4 months ago #366524 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Microsoft Windows call...
Had it before so I just hung up after using language that is not my normal nice person. I think they need to get the message that we KNOW - but whether it works or not is to be seen.

More
13 years 4 months ago #366530 by FencerMan
Replied by FencerMan on topic Microsoft Windows call...
I had one of these calls on sat here is Aus...asked him to ring me back on Monday, a business day....He didnt ring me...

Do something.

Either lead, follow, or get out of the way.

'Ted Turner'

More
13 years 4 months ago #366553 by the old ram
Gday to you all, when this guy called me I took the trouble to contact Microsoft and report the matter,for which they thanked me and advised that you should just" hang up".It seems that there are all sorts of scams going around allover the world................T.O.R.

More
13 years 4 months ago #366560 by kimberj06
Replied by kimberj06 on topic Microsoft Windows call...
I have had this a few times lately - I just tell them we are not interested. What gets me though is we have also several times answered the phone and found it is a machine on the other end - some recorded message from a guy with an american voice - we just hang up on him too! I figure it's not worth my stress to get wound up about it - I have bigger fish to fry these days! I can understand how it could be very frustrating if you have had a difficult day.

Hoping to get out of the city while I am still young enough to make the land productive.

More
13 years 4 months ago #366569 by PeterNZ
Replied by PeterNZ on topic Microsoft Windows call...

kimberj06;357832 wrote: I have had this a few times lately - I just tell them we are not interested.[..] I figure it's not worth my stress to get wound up about it - I have bigger fish to fry these days! I can understand how it could be very frustrating if you have had a difficult day.

Good on you! :D

I get upset about these calls as well. Sadly though, people seem to forget that there is a human being on the other end of the line. They are not responible for what they are doing. It is their employer. Abusing them is in my eyes the wrong way.

So what do you want to tell the caller? Quit your job? Or what? What does it help to put them under stress and make them hate their job? Probably hate it even more than they already do. Or do you think that they say "Oh I want to be a telemarketer. I love getting abused on the phone"?

There are always two sides, eh? [;)]

Cheers

Peter

Everything you need to make your own cheese at home
www.CottageCrafts.co.nz
[:D]LSB Members will get first order (over $10) shipping cost free. Just mention your LSB user name! [:D]

My private blog (Caution! Contains opinions and thoughts which may offend some viewers.)

Change the World! One Meal...

More
13 years 4 months ago #366603 by tasha
Replied by tasha on topic Microsoft Windows call...
I disagree with you there Peter, they have a choice of whether or not to do a job whose sole aim is empty the bank accounts of vunerable people - that's what those microsoft scam calls are about - this isn't simple telemarketing.

More
13 years 4 months ago #366610 by stephclark
agree tasha.. the scam calls deserve everything we can throw at them.. ( except our passwords and bank account :) )
telemarketers.. PITA.. but at least i am polite when i say i am not interested..

More
13 years 4 months ago #366614 by PeterNZ

tasha;357878 wrote: I disagree with you there Peter, they have a choice of whether or not to do a job whose sole aim is empty the bank accounts of vunerable people - that's what those microsoft scam calls are about - this isn't simple telemarketing.

This is an asumption you make. You can't know if they have a choice. Same as I can't know it. I still try to treat humans like humans. In the end they just do a job - voluntarily or not. There are many people doing jobs I don't agree with. Do I abuse them? No! What gives someone the right to abuse people?

Cheers

Peter

www.CottageCrafts.co.nz
[:D]LSB Members will get first order (over $10) shipping cost free. Just mention your LSB user name! [:D]

My private blog (Caution! Contains opinions and thoughts which may offend some viewers.)

More
13 years 4 months ago #366616 by PeterNZ

stephclark;357885 wrote: but at least i am polite when i say i am not interested..

This is exacty what I mean!

Cheers

Peter

www.CottageCrafts.co.nz

More
13 years 4 months ago #366624 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Microsoft Windows call...
Someone I know got one of those calls recently and she hasn't even got a computer. The caller seemed to have some difficulty understanding that.

More
13 years 4 months ago #366626 by stephclark
hey Peternz.. quoting only part of my thread is misleading.. scammers most definately cop it.. and boy i can nut off.. :)
telemarketers and survey.. still get a short shift ( unless i feel like buggering up their survey stats, then i play )...but i will them them i am not interested

More
13 years 4 months ago #366632 by Farmer53
Replied by Farmer53 on topic Microsoft Windows call...
You gotta have em on after all they are paying for a call from india ro wherever. I have them on each time, its good fun. yes, they do have a choice of job, as we all do dont we??????????????? if this is not their choice why do they get really really thretening when yo tell them you are not interested.

More
13 years 4 months ago #366637 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Microsoft Windows call...
Unfortunately keeping them on the line doesn't cost them much at all, as they use the internet (VOIP etc) and get very cheap phone calls.

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds