insurance

More
11 years 5 months ago #26128 by kalnetta
insurance was created by kalnetta
We use a broker for our farm insurance package.
We have just recieved our account for the new year and it has gone up by $650.00. making it a total of $2330.00.!This is for dwelling ,contents car and general farm things no machinery.
They are blaming the G.S.T. increase yeh right!

View Hill Oxford ,23 ewes 2 lambs ,1 ram,, 1cat,the 2 of us,6 granddaughters,one grandson,2 surrogate granddaughters and one step grandson,poor boy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #363900 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic insurance
If they are blaming the entire rise on GST increasing, the Commerce Commission would like to know - as would Consumer Institute! :rolleyes:

Am expecting some big rises this coming year, the ChCh earthquake will funnel down into that, I am sure...

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
11 years 5 months ago #363901 by little red digger
Replied by little red digger on topic insurance
Our insurance only went up by 10% last year and that was because we bought newer machinery and of course the GST increase. I have been looking through the fine print of what we are covered for and it is very poor, so I am going to bite the bullet and increase some of our cover. What options have others taken out for a 4.2ha block with beef cows? Do you insure stored feed and what level of insurance would you put on the animals? We also have sepperate bussines insurance to cover the work shop and digger along with public liability.
Cheers

Dave and Ruth, Oxford Contracting

More
11 years 5 months ago #363905 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic insurance
Insuring animals and feed and similar things that can die or get rotten or eaten by vermin is VERY expensive. I have once asked for a quote including some of my chooks:rolleyes: and the policy would have been about twice of what it was without the chooks. Also insuring orchard trees is ridiculously expensive. So we have house, contents, public liability.

Kalnetta - we used to go through a broker but had to learn that several insurance companies don't deal with brokers - AMI in particular. So I took all our business to AMI (FMG is a very good choice, too, according to what others have written in earlier threads). We saved heaps going directly - no commission for the broker[^]

The Christchurch quake will add quite a bit to the premiums but not as much as your broker would like you to believe.

More
11 years 5 months ago #363915 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic insurance

Simkin;354923 wrote: The Christchurch quake will add quite a bit to the premiums but not as much as your broker would like you to believe.

But you can bet your bottom dollar that that - and the Aussie floods - are what will be blamed for the increases...just like GST is the whipping boy for them now...[;)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
11 years 5 months ago #363978 by diggs
Replied by diggs on topic insurance
You do not have to stay with them look around its your $$$'s
they are stealing.

Kapiti

More
11 years 5 months ago #364024 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic insurance
You can insure stored feed, which is quite a good idea if you have hay in a shed which may catch fire-or be lost through arson :-(

Animal insurance is quite another story. Unless you have highly expensive stud stock it is not just worth the money. We looked at insuring bulls while they were on lease but by the time they have to have a Vet check to say they are healthy, then the premium is I think 10% of the insured value-it becomes very expensive.

Then there are also limits to what you can actually insure an animal for, accident yes but drowning, lightning strike, infertility, being starved by the leasee??? Not sure whether some of those would even be covered.

Public Liability is a must, especially if you have stock, and fire insurance if you have trees, perhaps.

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds