Horse of the Year 2011 Accommodation

More
11 years 5 months ago #26110 by Louise W
Help! Initially I had thought I would just head up to HOY early one day and have a day there and then head home but a good friend is flying up from Southland to join me (we went together last year and had a blast) and this year we are going up for three days and two nights but, of course, I have not booked any accommodation because I didn't plan on staying and have left it a little late so pretty much everything within my budget that I can find online is booked up.

So, does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps you know of a nice B&B or similar not too far from the showgrounds or someone with a sleepout with room for 2-3 people that they would rent out for a couple of nights? More than happy to pay market rates, just want to avoid sleeping in the float or a tent. Last year we slept in the back of my car and it was fun but not at all comfortable and we didn't really get any sleep!l! I'm getting too old to rough it [;)]

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #363787 by Thunda
Hi Louise
Last year we managed to get very last minute and very reasonably priced accomodation at the Arataki Holiday park. we stayed in a self contained unit. It is in havelock north so is about a 10 minute drive to the show grounds. great hosts, resonably priced, good beds, showers etc.

More
11 years 5 months ago #363789 by Louise W
Thanks Thunda. Found it and it looks like it has potential :)

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

More
11 years 5 months ago #363811 by witheze
I used to stay with Barbara mcConchie B&B very handy to show, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. lady , cat mad, ex. food if needed, doesn't swear! Mary

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds