Can you identify this?

More
13 years 2 months ago #363062 by GloPony
Replied by GloPony on topic Can you identify this?
I've just about driven off the road many times trying to get more than a glimpse of those amazing fountains & scanning the horizon for giraffes. He was advertising for grounds people recently too but you needed to have zoological qualifications as well. Shame, imagine it would be a dream job & I adore giraffes!

So can I skite a little & mention that Alan Gibbs is a friend of my father? :p Dad taught him to fly some of the flash aircraft he also owns which is another reason why he has his property designed to be viewed from the air. :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #363076 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Can you identify this?
Still think it was constructed by sticking a fork through a hose - we have miniature versions at our place (but no giraffes) :D

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
13 years 2 months ago #363146 by GloPony
Replied by GloPony on topic Can you identify this?
LOL eelcat. Is your hose choreographed to make different shapes & patterns too or do you have to stand at the tap & turn it on & off to make it do that? :p

More
13 years 2 months ago #363162 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Can you identify this?

spoook;353983 wrote: No prize for all being right. [;)] Might have been harder had I only used one photo.

I took over 70 photos of the fountains as they played up and down and every which way. It was amazing. Very rarely do we have time to stop to watch it when it is running.

He does have some amazing and totally useless sculptures on T he Farm , oh to have to money for even one of them. :rolleyes:

The sculpture in the bottom photo of your link stands about 3 metres high, looks like solid blocks of stainless steel and is so finely balanced that the individual 'blocks' turn individually and disconcertingly in the slightest breeze. It is amazing [:0]

The second photo is of a group of brick arch sculptures that resemble a sea serpert on the mud flat near his hovercraft hangar.

The gardening staff have the job of replacing toasted trees and shrubs that the Tesla coil contacts with stray 'lightening bolts', and also the repair of grass damage resulting from Alan and friends playing with the two army tanks he owns :D

He reputedly also has a replica wild west town on the property for playing paintball in. And he has what I would imagine is the only "wind wand" outside of Taranaki :cool:

There seems to be a piece of artwork around every corner and on most promontories on the property. Corrugated iron elephants, inukshuks, 'floating' walls??

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
13 years 2 months ago #363195 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Can you identify this?

GloPony;354083 wrote: LOL eelcat. Is your hose choreographed to make different shapes & patterns too or do you have to stand at the tap & turn it on & off to make it do that? :p

Wind power!

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds