casual jobs for 5 UK travellers

More
11 years 5 months ago #26021 by Westermans
Hi there

As usual if i am stuck i ask you guys [;)]

I have my nephew and his 4 mates heading over to NZ at the end of Jan for 5 months, they are all early 20's, healthy lads and will want to work whilst in NZ. SO my question is where do they look to get some work, as they will only be hoping to hang around in one area for a few weeks and then move on, i was thinking of fruit picking but not sure where to look for such jobs ::confused:

Before anyone asks yes they do have work visas :D

The obviously want to see as much as they can whilst in NZ, but also earn some money along the way. They were due to leave OZ at the end of Jan but is proving far too expensive for them all there, so they thought they would jump the ditch earlier.

If anyone has any advice/ links or needs 5 strapping lads to help them out on their patch of paradise let me know. They are really nice lads, very honest and trustworthy.

Cheers

Multitasking is my speciality:-)
www.westermans.co.nz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #362688 by Farmer53
Threr could stil be haymaking jobs around then to

More
11 years 5 months ago #362694 by Kiwi303
HelpX or WWOF-er websites would probable work. search "Help Exchange" and "Willing Workers on Organic Farms" either through Google or here on LSB, theres been other threads on both of them on here before. Otherwise I would suggest the Department of Labour,

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
11 years 5 months ago #362696 by ronnie
Ring one of the bigger orchards in the phone book, or try a Hastings one. They will put you in touch with where they source their itinerant labour for seasonal picking. But it has been reported down here that the orchards up Central Otago way are fully staffed, for a change.

Keep at it and you are bound to find something suitable for them.

More
11 years 5 months ago #362707 by The Kats Place
Kiwi was right on - tell them to register with Helpx. MM used them last year with great results (from an employers point of view)

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
11 years 5 months ago #363031 by Westermans
Cheers for that Kiwi303 :) I will look into that for them :)
Farmer53 good thinking :)
Ronnie i will try the orchards for them too, they will do anything as long as they can earn a few more dollars to move around NZ for 5 months :)
Good to know that HelpX works too TKP :)
I knew someone on here would be in the know .
Thanks

Multitasking is my speciality:-)
www.westermans.co.nz

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds