Is it just me.... no!

More
11 years 5 months ago #25985 by Ghilly
Is it just me.... no! was created by Ghilly
I've been dragging myself around, whinging and moaning about being too hot and not getting anything done. Metaphorically kicking myself in the backside cos there are things I need to do but I'm just too hot to move past getting out the door.

I've just got back from the petrol station where the proprietor is also flaking in the heat. She said she doesn't usually sweat but it's pouring off her in buckets. This, to me, is good news.... It's not just me!

It never used to be this hot when I was a kid..... did it?

Yakut

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #362218 by LMCL65
Replied by LMCL65 on topic Is it just me.... no!
Here Here!! So I have just gotten out of the pool again after what is becoming my afternoon dip - however by the time I am redressed I am back to sweating, but at least i had an interlude of cool and fun with my son.

Laurette, mother to Eamon (16), Sebastian and Cheve (angel cats) Henry and Bellatrix cats, Sadie and Billy Bob(dogs) Rocky, Lola and Hersephone (rainbow goat) (Goats), Sparrow and Esme (cows), 6 chickens , 6 Khaki campbell ducks, tadpoles and goldfish.

More
11 years 5 months ago #362219 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Is it just me.... no!
Its humid! Shockingly so.....

I arrived home from work (you know where) about an hour ago and its cooler here than down there (fortunately) I have our ceiling fans on high which is making things very pleasant with all the french doors open. Even the dogs have gone under the house to dig and rest.

Yesterday afternoon I couldn't muster up the energy to do anything, not even prepare dinner, E ended up with the summer school holidays special of ham and salad (keeping up the family tradition of really disliking ham and salad by the end of the holidays because One really has too much of it and needs to get some iron back into the diet by way of a good steak by february) and we were still sitting on the deck at 9.45pm last night watching the calves having a run about in the cooler night air.

Might head down to the waterfall shortly for a muddy dip.

proper January stuff, just wish it would rain for a night or two and break up the cloud cover.

More
11 years 5 months ago #362229 by skyline_glenn
Replied by skyline_glenn on topic Is it just me.... no!
Its not as hot down here as up there but I have been having that lethargic, uninterested feeling at work since before christmas. Worked it out yesterday that it was the humidity and heat of having to wear fireproof overalls, gloves, hardhat and safety glasses on the roof. Also got that feeling on holiday up the east coast a couple of times, and you cant escape it in a tent

Glenn

More
11 years 5 months ago #362234 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Is it just me.... no!
Youse all need a dip in a muddy waterfall pond. I am sitting here in my cozzies, towel, damp bum (from the waterfall thankyou) and wine in hand and have cooled off substantially.

Even have dinner cooking ...... and made 6 pots of strawberry jam before leaving for the dip. :D [^][^][^]

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds