Dog left for dead under house - update

More
14 years 5 months ago #2590 by reggit
Some of you will remember the terrible story that was on TV and in papers just before Xmas about the mongrels who left a young Rhodesian ridgeback to starve to death under their house - 4-5 weeks with no food and water. The photos were appalling.

Well, the SPCA has been doing a blog on Eve's progress, and its great to see how well she is doing. Check it out at eveappeal.blogspot.com - a happy ending for this one at least.:D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #74531 by Nancy F
what a cool result for her.. even in the initial story on TV she was such a happy dog (considering she had every reason not to be) - tail wagging like crazy....lets hope her next home is extra specially nice...

makes me look at Tigger lying on her cushion on the floor, well fed, even slightly chunky (after Xmas excesses), cuddled and patted by all who pass through the house and loving her life.. not a care in the world and just wonder how anyone can treat such lovely creatures like that..

hope they do the same to the mongrels who did it to her!!!!!!!

Nancy

More
14 years 5 months ago #74539 by Birman Babe
I was reading about her somewhere the other day and she looked amazing with a few kg's on her bones. Hope they throw the book at the swine who owned her!

• maggies mum
14 years 5 months ago #74549 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Dog left for dead under house - update
Ohhhh it made me cry! Bless her heart.

There is something wrong with people that can quite happily go off an do this sort of this! It has to be some kind of mental illness surely, it's not normal for sure!

More
14 years 5 months ago #74565 by reggit
I put it down to a total inability to empathise with any other living thing, coupled with a total inability to consider consequences - in this case, they obviously must have known the dog would die, but obviously also haven't thought through that they would be caught and prosecuted.

I couldn't glean from this whether they were ongoing tenants in the house or ones that were leaving for good?

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• maggies mum
14 years 5 months ago #74569 by maggies mum
Oooh to be left alone in the room with 'em! I'd make them buggers suffer!

Have ya heard me sing!!!

More
14 years 5 months ago #74645 by reggit
www.stuff.co.nz/4346892a10.html update in today's paper

More
14 years 5 months ago #74697 by ardnas

quote:Originally posted by tigger

Wow! That is amazing that she weighed just 10kgs when they rescued her on Christmas Eve, and now weights 16.3kg.[:0]

By the tightness of my jeans today, I think I may have gained a similar amount from my Christmas/New Year feasting too, lol![:0][}:)][xx(][V]

More
14 years 5 months ago #75043 by oskatd
Yay, that is so cool that she is getting better so quickly, and that it doesn't appear to have affected her attitude to people. Wonder what she should weigh? People like that should be dropped a couple of miles out to sea and left to see if they can swim home....

• maggies mum
14 years 5 months ago #75049 by maggies mum

quote:Originally posted by ardnas

quote:Originally posted by tigger

Wow! That is amazing that she weighed just 10kgs when they rescued her on Christmas Eve, and now weights 16.3kg.[:0]

By the tightness of my jeans today, I think I may have gained a similar amount from my Christmas/New Year feasting too, lol![:0][}:)][xx(][V]

Ermm do ya think that could be down to the fact you've just had a bubba!

:D:D

More
14 years 5 months ago #75071 by sod
I agree Oskatd Ill row them out

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
14 years 5 months ago #75125 by debnjohn
Or perhaps lock the 'owners' under the house until they resort to insects and their own faeces

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" Albert Einstein

More
14 years 5 months ago #75136 by Jan
I wonder how they will choose a new owner for her? Apparently they have been inundated with offers, one from Canada!

Jan

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds