Little Drummer boy

More
11 years 6 months ago #25813 by Stu_R
Little Drummer boy was created by Stu_R
Merry Christmas everyone .. hope you all have a nice one, and a safe one :)
just heard the Christmas Song , Little Drummer Boy on the radio :)
Was thinking about it as listen to the words.

To me i think that song shows the real essence of Christmas spirit :)
It shows how its not what you have, or how rich you are, or not what you have brought as a gift that matters.
When you listen to the words, it tells of a poor boy, who had nothing, just his time and effort to give in playing his drum and ( i played my best for him ) was prepared to give it his best shot and do the best he could
It shows to me, that the gift of time, effort, company was appreciatted just as much ( if not more so) than all the bobs n baubles of pressents.

To me, that song is what christmas is about , a time to be with and help family and friends, and a time to just be there for people who need you
It proves its not how much a gift is worth , it is that the gift is from the heart and that it is given ( or done ) with love and respect .. it shows that little things done in the right spirit and with the right intentions behind them, are worth soooo much more than just reaching for your huge wallet and parting with cash.

I think the Little Drummer Boy song captures the true essnce of Christmas :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #360179 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Little Drummer boy
Awwww, so nicely put Stu. [:I]
Happy Xmas

To you, and all my LSB family, I give the small offering of my assistance and knowledge for the future. It is given with love and caring.
May we all grow in the coming year.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
11 years 6 months ago #360205 by Indigo
Replied by Indigo on topic Little Drummer boy
Sorry Stu, yes I agree with the sentiment but that is the only carol I can't stand - in fact I am known to walk out of shops if it comes over the muzak system !!

More
11 years 6 months ago #360223 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Little Drummer boy
Indigo I agree it got thrashed when it came out and "soppy" par rata tum tum :p and I still haven't got over it:rolleyes:. BUT "Snoopys Christmas" got thrashed and I love it[;)], "go figure"

Stu it very much is as you say and the sooner we all learn that the better off we will all be in every way except the shops [}:)][xx(]

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
11 years 6 months ago #360226 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Little Drummer boy
You are right Stu. I think some of us have had a similar discussion on a previous thread earlier this month.

More
11 years 6 months ago #360254 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic Little Drummer boy
lol Stu personally that is the 1 carol I really dont like ha ha BUT you put it into words brilliantly, and i will take more notice of the words next time I hear it. Have an awesome christmas mate xx

More
11 years 6 months ago #360295 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Little Drummer boy
lol seems i picked a song that lots dont like .. thats ok :) .. to me its still the only christmas song that puts across the way life really is :) .. its the words when you listen to them and think about them , not the song :)
its just the only christmas song with the message that matters to me, its about what your intenttions are, that you do the best you can , and not how big your wallet is

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :

More
11 years 6 months ago #360497 by Lighthill
Replied by Lighthill on topic Little Drummer boy
Stu, that song triggers a memory for me of listening to Sunday morning radio with my parents. It was a weekly treat for us kids, I suppose these days you would call it 'quality time'. It's lovely to have that particular memory of them fresh in my mind at this time of year so thank you for that.

Best wishes to you and everyone else on LSB for a happy and safe Christmas with family and friends.

More
11 years 6 months ago #360500 by hogiehorse
Replied by hogiehorse on topic Little Drummer boy
Stu, have you ever looked at this version of Little Drummer Boy? Done in 1977, David Bowie (he was 30 then) and Bing Crosby. Absolutely beautiful. It will always remain my favourite, especially since I am a big Bowie fan. Bing Crosby died only a matter of weeks after the video recording was done.

Anyway, best wishes to all for a safe and happy Christmas.

Hogiehorse
Quit lifestyling in September 2005 after 20 years but still ardent fan of this forum

More
11 years 6 months ago #360512 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Little Drummer boy
:) wow thanks Hogiehorse :) that was brilliant :)
:) may you and yours have a lovely and safe Christmas :)

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds