Not looking where he was going?

More
13 years 4 months ago #360162 by FencerMan

Pyewacket;350688 wrote: Unless you know the facts, I would appreciate it if you didn't make such sweeping statements regarding stupidity and 'learning my lesson'.

Sometimes, statements made on here may not include all the facts. Please learn that lesson. [;)]
Kim.

Truck in left lane, you in middle lane, and another truck in right hand lane...What relevant facts are missing that made that an unavoidable situation?

BUT anyone in the centre lane of our motorways or three lane roads can find themselves in that position VERY easily - and do. The answer is to ban the Bl**dy big trucks from the right hand lane! Their speed limit is 90kph so what are they doing in "fast" lane?

I disagree...If you are paying attention, are aware of whats happening behind you, and driving defensively it wont happen. The reality is that no driver does this all the time.

Also there is no "fast lane". It is a passing lane, and why shouldnt a truck doing 90km/h be there is the left and middle lanes are blocked with cars doing even less than that? It happens...Generally I did not have to use the right lane very often when truck driving, but from time to time I would find myself sitting on 90 in the right lane going past traffic doing 70-80.

The advise is good in that if you can avoid the "between two trucks" or "sitting on the outside of a truck" scenarios, you should at all costs but that does not mean the car driver needs to learn anything apart from how to hold onto their bowels when they have no choice!

Once again I completely disagree. The only reason you end up in the position of having no choice is if you have not driven defensively in the seconds before hand, or if it is on coming traffic coming into your lane or such situation.

People die because they dont. Saying the car driver doesnt need to learn anything might be right in terms of the law, but not right in terms of common sense, as usually it is the car driver who dies...

Do something.

Either lead, follow, or get out of the way.

'Ted Turner'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #360219 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Not looking where he was going?
I agree with FM and for same reasons if I had a $ for ever car/van etc that cut back under my winscreen or bullbar in my day or pulled into small safety gap between me and rig in front I would be very well off. Please don't let this get into a fight as FM said who wants to be "in right but dead" 40+ tonnes against 1 tonne no contest. Just on the right lane I have had to go into inside lane to pass cars doing 70 and 80 kph in right lane. We need to be carefull what we say till we have driven in miles their position :)

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
13 years 4 months ago #360224 by Pyewacket

FencerMan;350841 wrote: Truck in left lane, you in middle lane, and another truck in right hand lane...What relevant facts are missing that made that an unavoidable situation?

LOL. My apologies. Sometimes, statements made on here may not include all the relevant facts. :rolleyes:

Obviously, it wasn't an unavoidable situation, or I wouldn't be here.

I am not a fan of forums and I greatly resent you making snap judgements, based on a passing comment, on someone you do not know.

I don't know you either. I don't know whether you are always arrogant and self-righteous, find any comments on truck drivers an insult to you personally, or you like to pick an argument just for the sake of it.

The truck incident happened a few months ago. It's in the past. I do not need to hash it over with a stranger. I've moved on and I'm bemused that you are so emotive over an incident in which you weren't even involved. :confused:

I would still appreciate an apology for calling me stupid and needing to 'learn my lesson'.

Kim

More
13 years 4 months ago #360228 by rob
Replied by rob on topic Not looking where he was going?
In Pukekohe my pet hate is those stupid courtesy crossings [:(!] at roundabouts, dumb people think that because they are standing at one, the car is going to stop and let them cross, idiots.

Rob

More
13 years 4 months ago #360231 by DiDi
Good one Rob :D :D . Hell they aren't even courtesy crossings as you call them - just decoration. There was a total uproar when they were put down for just that reason. Many people think they are pedestrian crossings so march out on them and many drivers also think they are, so stop and snarl up the roundabouts. Ain't life fun!

My other pet HATE is that seriously ugly town square. White (snow):confused: hill with filthy tiles represents Pukekohe Hill? Jeez. I say bulldoze it down and put the road back through so that traffic can flow as it should from the bottom of town. There were beautiful rose gardens, grass areas and seats plus road through the area prior. I know because it was my choice to have lunch there. Now just ugly in my opinion.

More
13 years 4 months ago #360234 by igor
Quite right rob. If it's not painted with the regulation white stripes then it's not a legal crossing and motor traffic is not required to stop. They have them in the main street in Dunedin too and they suck.
Kim, just glad you got out of it okay. It's easy to get in trouble and much less easy for those who were not there to figure out what you could have done to avoid it. I nearly pushed a late model Saab into the median wall on the Dunedin motorway once. If I had been relying on mirrors I would have hit him as he was on my rear quarter completely hidden in the blind spot.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds