How lucky am I.?

More
11 years 6 months ago #25772 by gemini kiwi
How lucky am I.? was created by gemini kiwi
Santa seems to have bought me a Kidney stone for Christmas........oh joy!!![}:)]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #359686 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic How lucky am I.?
Yay! Is it beautifully wrapped, do you think, with tinsel tied around it? I understand they feel a bit like that. Poor you!

More
11 years 6 months ago #359687 by OakhengeFarm
Replied by OakhengeFarm on topic How lucky am I.?
Only if the tinsel is made from barbed wire, and is on fire! I can sympathise fully. Mine were 2 11mm stones the day after New Year last year. Are you waiting to pass it, or on the waiting list for the laser machine?

11 acres (4 in QEII Covenanted native bush), 15 sheep, 2 beefies, large vege gardens and a goat, and still no dog!:(

Oh, and uncountable wild birds - including fantails, swallows, yellowhammers, morepork, magpies, hawks, pukekos, and even quaill, pheasants and rainbow lorikeets [:D][:D] Not to mention possums, hares, rabbits, rats...

More
11 years 6 months ago #359688 by kate
Replied by kate on topic How lucky am I.?
Bummer :( :(

Web Goddess

More
11 years 6 months ago #359701 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic How lucky am I.?
How awful - you have all my sympathies! Been there, done that, really don't want to go there again.

More
11 years 6 months ago #359709 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic How lucky am I.?
Naughty naughty Santa. I shall give him a swift kick in the goo#ies when he comes here and tell him it is from you!

Not nice - hope you feel better soon.

More
11 years 6 months ago #359725 by PalmyCol
Replied by PalmyCol on topic How lucky am I.?
Put some barbed wire in your chimney so Santa gets a prickly surprise :eek:

More
11 years 6 months ago #359756 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic How lucky am I.?
:( :( Naughty Santa ....and it was a bit of an early pressie at that[:(!]
Hope by Christmas it has ...passed and you feel 100% again :)
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
11 years 6 months ago #359759 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic How lucky am I.?

OakhengeFarm;350325 wrote: Only if the tinsel is made from barbed wire, and is on fire! I can sympathise fully. Mine were 2 11mm stones the day after New Year last year. Are you waiting to pass it, or on the waiting list for the laser machine?

Barbed wire on fire? I really hope I never have the opportunity to discover how apt is that description!!!

More
11 years 6 months ago #359765 by OakhengeFarm
Replied by OakhengeFarm on topic How lucky am I.?
Actually it's more like a red hot poker being twisted in your side, but pretty close. I can compare it with authority - it's worse than a ruptured appendix, and WAY worse than giving birth to a 10lb 4oz baby (and my second - and last - was 10 lb 9)

I remember when the kidney stones hit, I ended up on my knees on the floor sobbing, begging for the ambulance to hurry up and bring me some morphine!

The moral of the story is drink water, drink water, and drink water. Anything with caffeine, sugar or alcohol does not count. If you become chronically dehydrated, you are at risk. I was a caffeine addict until I spent 4 days in hospital on a morphine drip. I now drink at least 1.5 litres of water per day, and about 1 coffee per week.

11 acres (4 in QEII Covenanted native bush), 15 sheep, 2 beefies, large vege gardens and a goat, and still no dog!:(

Oh, and uncountable wild birds - including fantails, swallows, yellowhammers, morepork, magpies, hawks, pukekos, and even quaill, pheasants and rainbow lorikeets [:D][:D] Not to mention possums, hares, rabbits, rats...

More
11 years 6 months ago #359888 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic How lucky am I.?
Really sorry to hear that GK - hope you get better soon

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds