Increase in price of electricity

More
11 years 6 months ago #25771 by max2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #359681 by BRL
Hadn't seen it - stopped worrying about the price of power when we went off grid 4 years ago - the house runs off solar PV with a backup diesel genset.

But ... I did get a phone call from a telemarketer last week wanting to talk to the person in the house responsible for paying the power bill. It was a short but funny conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #359708 by DiDi
Well hell - wasn't that an informative article! Why has it risen? More dosh for the national Government? Something to do with their moving assets between the three power companies they own? I hate dumb uninformed reporting!!!!!!!![:(!]

More
11 years 6 months ago #359711 by max2
yes I thought it poor reporting and what an increase in price!

Obviously no one wants to release too much more bad news this year.... how can they not know how much extra its going to cost consumers?

More
11 years 6 months ago #359733 by DiDi
One reason swaggie that I want to get as far away from the "Super City" as I can. Sure you pay horrendous rates in small communities but it for you and yours not for naff railway schemes and - oh noooooo - billions in leaky homes that you do not own, have not bought into (because you are smarter than that!) but will have to pay for. I was told by someone in the know that the actual projected rates increase for Auckland is 18%. What is the chance of a oooops within the next few months?

Back to power - I don't know the answer. Last Summer it was because the lakes were so low but in reality the power companies had spilled so much water that there was a problem. Does anyone know whether the lakes are low this Summer? If not, why the massive increase in power generation throught to the customer?

I know our Local lines company has been trying (and no doubt paying) to get access to the fast Broadband roll out. Is that a problem as someone has to pay for their research and submission?

What we don't know and aren't told in this country is like living in a communist state! What Government's don't understand that we do not vote for them to tell us what is best for us. We vote for what they say they will do for us. How damn ignorant are we?

Equally, are you all aware of just how much of the random petrol increases are based on the Government tax take (we want more) than the price of oil and all the randoms we are fed. Just wait Auckland. If they can't get it in power prices and land taxes, it will be through fuel prices etc. Yes - I should move to Aussie as I have no faith in what we are dealing with in this minute country leading (let's pat ourselves on the back Nick Smith) with the ETS that no major trading partner has signed up to. Oh yes they have - we get to pay China! Dah!

More
11 years 6 months ago #359757 by ronnie
They have just had a ruddy great price rise [xx(][xx(]

Our power bill instantly went up by $20 a month with this latest increase.

These increases have to stop - we (as a nation) just cannot afford them any longer.

The power companies treat us all like an endless money pit. They seem to think they can just put the prices up and we will all pay - which is exactly what we do.

More
11 years 6 months ago #359779 by max2
Didi apart from Western Aussie, the rest of the country is no different to NZ and has been in recession for a number of years. I have said this to a number of folk who move over the ditch, and unless its for other reasons (like escaping from a criminal conviction record that NZ small town gossip gets to the new boss each time someone changes their job) they are surprised that its really ''just the same'' esp. pollie wise.

However things such as electricity, alternative energy products, big ticket items such as building materials etc are certainly cheaper over there (or at least was when I was living there 2 years ago) than here.

One thing Aussie does have over NZ is the population. Here its so hard to get away from the ''someone who knows someone'' and One never knows if they can speak freely or not and if you have something troubling you, then its harder as you just don't know who you should trust. There have even been times on this forum when such and such works with such and such and it gets back. Hmmm....

At least NZ doesn't have 3 tiers of Govt....:eek::eek:

But I do agree with you re the Supercity, fortunately we were not part of the transfer, but from what I glean the same Council staff have transferred over to the ''new'' employer so there isn't any savings there, we all have to pay new bank fees to set up the new accounts in on line banking to be able to pay our rates, and new Franklin district signs went up around Tuakau 2 weeks or so before the changeover.. Waste of taxpayers money!

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds