Do trees walk

More
11 years 7 months ago #25543 by beedee
Do trees walk was created by beedee
According to the technos regarding my intermittent wireless connection to the telecom tower on the hill 6k away from me they do.
I have a row [going across] of poplars, that have been there ever since the thingee on my house was put up now 2.5yrs ago... but since about July I have noticed until it got to disturbing frequency, disconnections, lasting up to 4 hrs so no ph, no puter ......... I blamed the cats for playing with the wires/plugs on the floor, I re booted my puter, I turned the modem and all the funny things with twinkly lights off from the main grid for 31mins... and contacted the rural link folk who spoke to the knowalls, and their response is its the trees.................. but do trees walk.......... and why does it only happen when there is a south easterly wind up on the hill.. [doesnt always blow here.]. that has been the only repeating factor and also with heavy rain once again up there and not down at my place..
they wont come out unless i agree to pay!!!!!! and I am saying its not me and I dont see the trees move.. [they (trees)are next door on maori land and a good 150m away]so will never be chopped, and no I dont want them to be, and no the leaves didnt come until late sept!
the colour of my puter is black and I dont know anything else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #357189 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic Do trees walk
Perhaps the wind is blowing the trees that have grown a bit taller and wider than 2 years ago into the line-of-sight between your receiver and their mast. Try to get up to your receiver with a pair of binoculars and check that you have a clear view to their mast.

More
11 years 7 months ago #357192 by arnie.m
Replied by arnie.m on topic Do trees walk
I don't think they walk but they do grow, had some topped for the same reason.

arnie
88 Valley
Nelson

More
11 years 7 months ago #357205 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Do trees walk
The wind moving the trees may cause intermittent obstruction of the line of sight. We get the same thing at work sometimes with other technology.

More
11 years 7 months ago #357211 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Do trees walk
No the trees are on my same weather level, so no wind blowing on them.. and it doesnt happen with northerly breeze, unless there are trees up on the hill in the way. and no I dont have a clear view and I didnt when it went up as the the guy installing it said they were far enough away, and they were in the line of vision then..
so that means goodbye wireless system and back to one post per hour via the copper wire :(

More
11 years 7 months ago #357235 by arnie.m
Replied by arnie.m on topic Do trees walk
If you don,t have a continuous clear view of the tower you WILL get intermittent reception

arnie
88 Valley
Nelson

More
11 years 7 months ago #357236 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Do trees walk
Do trees walk? If they are Ents they might.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
11 years 7 months ago #357244 by Heemskerck Station
Replied by Heemskerck Station on topic Do trees walk
Is the receiver on top of the house loose/wiggly? If it is even slightly then having a breeze from a particular angle could push it out of line with the transmitter. Duration can cause these things to become mobile, hence the gradual deterioration of the signal.

More
11 years 7 months ago #357314 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Do trees walk
no the thingee isnt wriggly, or wasnt when I last went up the ladder.. but will test again.. and will just put up with it then, as those trees wont be walking far enough unless we get the big blows... and I cant afford to build a second storey to get a higher roof.
will just put up with it, until I can afford my own satellite

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds