I hate googling for information!!!!!

More
11 years 7 months ago #25538 by Ghilly
I have just spent ages trying to find a diagram of a throttle for our lawn mower. I just want to see what it's supposed to look like so I can compare the image to our mower.... could it be that simple? Not a ruddy chance! Firstly, it isn't referred to as a Throttle, it's a Governor lever? and secondly, it's either all text or some buy it on line thing. I did find one picture but have since lost it amidst all the other sites I've looked at, including one that sent a virus to my computer.... Kim took care of that before it had a chance to get nasty.

So, it would appear that all the bits are where they should be, two springs and the doings they are supposed to shift but don't. There is no tension on either springs. I have sat on my hunches, glasses on, staring at it, moving the throttle lever and staring some more..... I can't figure it out. I even took the top off the thing to see what the springs were operating.... a fin thing that cups around the bit where the fly wheel is.

The mower starts fine but no throttle at all. The cable moves the first bit it's attached to but after that, nothing moves.... I mean, it moves if I move it but not with the cable being used..... it's like there's something missing or not doing the job right.... quite frankly, I'm ready to throttle the author of the owners manual and all the parts sales websites that offer hope and then try and sell you something.

The manual is 69 pages long.... the English section is 5 pages long and is full of warnings for stupid people.... don't put you hand under the mower when it is in operation.... There are two pages of specs with tiny diagrams that show you helpful things like where the spark plug is and where the oil and petrol go!

The ride on doesn't work at the moment because the chain is too long after losing a bracket thing and we have scoured the back yard with magnets of sticks looking for the bracket... it looks like a massive cup hook with a thread and a nut and it holds the chain at the right level. There's another one on it but without the second one, the chain keeps falling off.

The car has pooh it's knickers, the seal around the transmission oil thing has gone and it has a hole in it.... apparently.... well anyway, it's leaking so the car is not going anywhere.

Yesterday I had to go back under the house and fix yet another two leaks, discovered early though so it was back into Pukekohe to get two T joints and hire the crimping tool again. My arms ache from THAT wee exercise. There wasn't enough room to get at the job so I had to lie on my back and wriggle around to get enough oomph to close the crimpers... I did wonder if I was going to be able to crimp the joint a couple of times but I just repositioned myself, shut my eyes tight and pretended I was Xena Warrior Princess, hey, it worked. Job done.

So, now, it's just down to mechanics.... the stupid chain, the 'Governor Lever' and the car..... Oh I'm not even DREAMING of trying to fix that. One peek under the hood and all I see is metal and rubber tubes and things. It's wall to wall mechanics in there, no room to lose a spanner. I could change the spark plugs on my Triumph Herald but this monster.. not a chance.... I know where the water for the window washer goes and I know where the radiator cap is and the dip stick but that's it. The rest of it looks like some compact form of space ship.

It's hot and muggy and I'm aching from yesterdays efforts. The grass isn't growing in the paddocks and my dog has just made the most hideously rude smell which has drifted down to the office... I'm going out to walk Atticus... after I have a cup of tea.

Yakut

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #357134 by Stu_R
Look on the bright side Yakut :) .. Atticus will enjoy the walk :) and you may feel better to after a quiet wander :)
hang in there girl ... life gets better sometimes :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
11 years 7 months ago #357138 by reggit
Wash your mouth out, Yakut! [:0] Mr Google is my best friend [}:)] :D :D :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
11 years 7 months ago #357156 by DiDi
...but I can respect what Yakut is saying. Google is not your friend until you have spent many hours on Google learning how to search. I have and can now find what I want fairly quickly by not opening every thread and getting lost and distracted so yes Yakut - Google is not your friend until you have spent the time getting to know him. Of course it is male - to a woman it makes no sense without spending a lot of time working out what it is he wants - and then it may still make no sense. laugh.

More
11 years 7 months ago #357243 by igor
What kind of lawnmower do you have Yakut? I may be able to help you as I have a bit of a collection.

More
11 years 7 months ago #357261 by PeterNZ
Yakut, just think about what you would have done before the internet. And then do it! [;)]

You would have called the local mechanic, he would have tried to explain it to you, you would have said "Can you please stop talking bloody Mandarin with me" (replace Mandarin with any other exotic language if you feel this is offensive to our Asian community. Maybe try German) He would have said "Then bring the bloody thing in and I'll have a look at it" you would have said "But the bloody car is stuffed" so he would have replied "Well I can send one out tomorrow to pick it up but it'll cost you 50 bucks" and you would have replied "For bloody 50 bucks I can get a new lawn mower. That thing is probably worth only 10 bucks" and he would have said "Well Lady this is not my problem, do as you bloody please" and so on and so forth! [;)]

Cheers

Peter

Everything you need to make your own cheese at home
www.CottageCrafts.co.nz
[:D]LSB Members will get first order (over $10) shipping cost free. Just mention your LSB user name! [:D]

My private blog (Caution! Contains opinions and thoughts which may offend some viewers.)

Change the World! One Meal...

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds