A royal wedding announced

More
13 years 3 months ago #355557 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic A royal wedding announced

highgirl;345762 wrote: that money doesn't solve everything, nor buy happiness :D [;)]

But it gives you a dashed good whack at hiring solvers, and renting happy-making stuff ;)

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #355568 by rosmay
Replied by rosmay on topic A royal wedding announced
im not a major royal fan and think theyre a waste of taxpaying money and
do didley squat for NZ. the fact theyve lived together10yrs means
getting engaged means nothing. heres hoping they have a simple wedding and get it over with instead of an over the top side show.
After Di died i lost interest in the royals,she was the only interesting one who wasn't pompous, just very screwed up[;)][:0]

950 cows,2ewes,6 lambs
3kids and 1cat and 1husband[;)].

More
13 years 3 months ago #355574 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic A royal wedding announced
I on the other hand as a non royalist think it is magic and I am delighted for both of them. Is it possible for those of you with the bad karma focus on the ring that when Charles and Diana got engaged it was with the best intentions from Diana's point of view and so maybe it was the wedding ring that is the bad karma - not the engagement ring.

I know as a divorced person that I still love my engagement ring but would never wear my wedding ring again. How much is gold worth these days> laugh

More
13 years 3 months ago #355588 by Stikkibeek

DiDi;345804 wrote: How much is gold worth these days> laugh

A fortune. The plainest of wedding bands at 18ct is at least $800. You are looking at over $1000 a troy oz now.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
13 years 3 months ago #355595 by highgirl
Replied by highgirl on topic A royal wedding announced

rosmay;345797 wrote: im not a major royal fan and think theyre a waste of taxpaying money and
do didley squat for NZ. the fact theyve lived together10yrs means
getting engaged means nothing. heres hoping they have a simple wedding and get it over with instead of an over the top side show.
After Di died i lost interest in the royals,she was the only interesting one who wasn't pompous, just very screwed up[;)][:0]

Was she "screwed up" or "screwed over"? I agree that it was received with the best of intentions from Diana's point of view. Personally, I got the amethysts from my engagement ring changed to another stone, and my wedding ring downsized to wear on my pinky. The wedding ring on my pinky suddenly caused a rash and I couldn't wear it...so there has to be something to be said.

I'm not a huge royalist, although was at that "young" age when they Charles and Diana were engaged and had William, so kept all the weekly magazines etc and I think the whole thing is very sad from Diana's point of view, but also from Charles because obviously Camilla was the one he loved in the first place.

More
13 years 3 months ago #355609 by Gracelands
I agree about the ring karma, and moreover I was totally creeped out by the fact that she seemed to have copied Di's blue suit for the big announcement. Talk about tempting fate!

Other than that, it seems like a nice, 'normal' relationship of two people who really do care about each other, and are even living together before marriage, so welcome to the 20th Century, Royal Family.

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
Hans Christian Anderson

More
13 years 3 months ago #355636 by igor
Replied by igor on topic A royal wedding announced
DiDi, my ex didn't know what to do with her old engagement ring from me so ended up getting it made into something else. Our eldest boy now wears a gold and diamond ear stud. And before anyone asks, yes, he does like girls.

More
13 years 3 months ago #355646 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic A royal wedding announced
Gracelands - I doubt she was copying Diana but making a decision just as Diana did that a blue dress shows off her sapphire and diamond ring in the best light - so to speak.

The ring doesn't bother me but if I were totally honest, I think she should have had a ring made especially for her as she could always wear Diana's ring on her other hand.

More
13 years 3 months ago #355683 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic A royal wedding announced

Kiwi303;345786 wrote: But it gives you a dashed good whack at hiring solvers, and renting happy-making stuff ;)

LOL

Yakut

More
13 years 3 months ago #355684 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic A royal wedding announced
The media are already getting their feed, 'who is going to make the dress?' Jeeze

Kim was looking at the Daily Mail site and had found a bit on lookalikes they had them proposing at Buckingham Palace etc... Man, anything to bung in the paper. When she went to show me, it had been removed!

Ooh wouldn't it be FAB if the media were banned from sensationalising news... in fact, it would be even more FAB if they Royal wedding was just family and close friends, no media and stuff the rest of the 'names with letters after them' ( can't seem to spell dignitries).
..... all the stuffed shirts! 20 million pounds it will cost they reckon... I say, a pot luck on the lawn at home for the reception!

The NZ government are looking into what gift NZ should give them..... they want something Kiwiana... give them a good Kiwi barbecue for the reception! All done and dusted and they'll have the photos and memories rather than some bit of expensive tat to stach away with all the other gifts the Royal family get.... I wonder whatever happened to the Paua Tiara Lynne of Tawa mentions?

Yakut

More
13 years 3 months ago #355691 by igor
Replied by igor on topic A royal wedding announced
How about a Crown Lynn or Temuka Pottery dinner set Yakut?

More
13 years 3 months ago #355700 by Clods
Replied by Clods on topic A royal wedding announced
I think its a bit mean-spirited to say that because they have lived together the engagement means nothing. I lived with my husband before we got married. I can tell you it definately DOES mean something, getting engaged and getting married.

You are embarking on the next stage of your life. You are "growing up", etc. They are using it to mark taking on responsibilities.

The fact they have taken time to make sure they are with the right person, and they can cope with the pressure fame puts on them, means its every chance to last, if people would just let them get on with it.

Trial by media is so awful, and we are all lucky that our relationships aren't put to that test, and we just have to cope with family and their "judgements".

2 horses, 15 Chickens, 1 goat, 2 pigs, 1 cat

More
13 years 3 months ago #355813 by sod
Replied by sod on topic A royal wedding announced
Clod 100% agree we didnt but I'm sure its just as big a step for all.

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
13 years 3 months ago #355814 by highgirl
Replied by highgirl on topic A royal wedding announced
Did I miss something? Who said that their engagement didn't mean anything just because they'd lived together?

More
13 years 3 months ago #355838 by Clods
Replied by Clods on topic A royal wedding announced
Somone on the previous page.

2 horses, 15 Chickens, 1 goat, 2 pigs, 1 cat

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds