Computer consumables - best price where?

More
11 years 7 months ago #25362 by reggit
Just got a heck of a shock when went to buy my usual supplies of printer cartridges from Dick Smiths - 38% up on what they were two weeks ago! Called and checked that they weren't on special at that time, but no, there has been a straight 38% increase in price :(

Have emailed their head office to check if this is correct. And then will be doing some shopping around as they were (but are no longer) the same price as elsewhere, if not a bit cheaper.

Where else do people get their cartridges etc from? I go through quite a few for my work and personal...

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #355300 by kate
Stationery Warehouse is usually pretty good...

Web Goddess

More
11 years 7 months ago #355301 by feedqueen
We buy ours from a TM seller in Nelson. Heaps cheaper, only had one dud so far, unbranded as you would expect, maybe would void a warranty claim in using them but the printer was a cheapie anyway, so far so good here.

More
11 years 7 months ago #355302 by reggit
Thanks Kate, just checked the prices online there. They used to be a bit more expensive than Dick Smith for these cartridges, now are $5 per cartridge cheaper [:0]

Will be taking my gold plated ones back to Dick Smith's for a refund tomorrow [:(!] and a right grumble too.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
11 years 7 months ago #355303 by ronnie

feedqueen;345503 wrote: We buy ours from a TM seller in Nelson. Heaps cheaper, only had one dud so far, unbranded as you would expect, maybe would void a warranty claim in using them but the printer was a cheapie anyway, so far so good here.

Ditto. I get mine for $5 each from a company in Gisborne. My printer is well out of its warranty by now so no issues there. The cost of new genuine inks for my printer is as dear as a new printer.

More
11 years 7 months ago #355304 by Organix
Turd Me for us too, but I tend to opt for genuine branded Epson (including past expiry) as the coding on 'compatibles' has caused issues in the past in regard to recognition by our printer.

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
11 years 7 months ago #355305 by reggit

ronnie;345505 wrote: The cost of new genuine inks for my printer is as dear as a new printer.

That's what it is getting like for me too...a set of cartridges (2xblack, 1xcyan, magenta, yellow) was about $83.00. Now it's $109! [:0]

If anyone wants to PM me with details of who they get their non-OEM cartridges through I would appreciate it :o

More
11 years 7 months ago #355306 by stephclark
i just had a giggle when i ordered 2 black toner cartridges for work..$108 for the toner $112 for the whole new printer..[:0]..

More
11 years 7 months ago #355307 by wyseyes

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
11 years 7 months ago #355326 by beedee
Thank you wyseyes

More
11 years 7 months ago #355334 by spoook
Along these lines, we have a printer at work that the drum probably needs replacing. It is more expensive to get a drum than buy a brand new machine. [:0][:0][:0][?]
It is just sitting there gathering dust. :(

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
11 years 7 months ago #355344 by DiDi
I get mine through Noel Leaming and ask for a discount (having bought the printer and some big ticket items through them) and they always oblige. Way cheaper than SW with discount. Always worth a try.

More
11 years 7 months ago #355345 by OakhengeFarm
I get mine refilled by Cartridge World. They also sell genuine and "compatible" cartridges - try them if you have a local shop.

11 acres (4 in QEII Covenanted native bush), 15 sheep, 2 beefies, large vege gardens and a goat, and still no dog!:(

Oh, and uncountable wild birds - including fantails, swallows, yellowhammers, morepork, magpies, hawks, pukekos, and even quaill, pheasants and rainbow lorikeets [:D][:D] Not to mention possums, hares, rabbits, rats...

More
11 years 7 months ago #355368 by max2
Central Office Supplies new Zealand

Heaps cheaper than anywhere else and they post them out to you. They have a branch up on the north shore, but i speak to someone south who calls me for my orders at work. 0800 ????? will find out tomorrow when at work if you wish.

More
11 years 7 months ago #355369 by morioka
I also use computer food www.computerfood.co.nz/ - awesome service - I've ordered in the morning and had the cartridges in my mail box the following morning.

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds