Freelance writing

More
13 years 3 months ago #25302 by belinda_h
Freelance writing was created by belinda_h
I'm about to take the plunge and quit the job to focus on getting income going on my block. But I still need to pay the bills, feed the cats etc. So if anyone one knows of anyone who needs a freelance writer/editor/
proofreader in the Rangitikei/Manawatu area, I'd love to hear from you!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #354665 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Freelance writing
Good luck on your venture Belinda :)
I dont know of anyone off the top of my head, but if i hear of any will certainly give you a yell :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
13 years 3 months ago #354683 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Freelance writing
Good luck with that Belinda!

I suggest you contact web designers and advertising companies. The smaller ones do not have their own copy writers, and can often end up waiting for their clients to get around to writing their own copy. If they can offer your services, it might improve their own turn-around.

More
13 years 3 months ago #354684 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Freelance writing
Have you seen this ?

Web Goddess

More
13 years 3 months ago #354730 by belinda_h
Replied by belinda_h on topic Freelance writing
Thanks for the support!!
Hawkspur - yes web and graphic designers are high on my list, if for no other reason than I often see beautiful design accompanied by terrible words.
Kate - thanks for the link. Looks like an interesting prospect. I may contact some of those listed and see if they think its worth signing up.
But, first things first.
Off to feed the piglets!

More
13 years 3 months ago #354739 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Freelance writing

belinda_h;344878 wrote: I often see beautiful design accompanied by terrible words!

Yep. Got one in the mail about Melbourne Cup Day at a local cafe where we were exhorted to dress up in 'hats and heals' [:0] and then they spelt the name of the area/town wrong. Looked like a professional jobbie too...:rolleyes:

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
13 years 3 months ago #354769 by 4trees
Replied by 4trees on topic Freelance writing
Hi, I know one of the rural magazines, i.e. Country Wide, Rural News, or Farmer paper that comes every couple of weeks, was looking for folk to write for them on farming aspects, it appeared to be going out and talking to farmers and writing about it. I cannot remember which one it was. Cheers and good luck.

Cheers
http:treeandshrub.co.nz

More
13 years 3 months ago #354789 by belinda_h
thanks 4trees - I'll look into it

More
13 years 3 months ago #354790 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Freelance writing
belinda_h, did you get my pm?

Web Goddess

More
13 years 3 months ago #354803 by Toast
Replied by Toast on topic Freelance writing
4trees - I applied for that job. Firstly, I had heard that it wasn't a very nice place to work. Before I applied I rang the Auckland phone number & was greeted with a very gruff, "Hello" (not really sure it was hello but something). I enquired politely & he didn't add anything to what was in the n/paper advert except to say it was in the PNth office. I pointed out that the advert stated either Fldg or PNth. He jumped down the phone at me, "Who the hell wrote that? They never let me see the advert. Wait til I get down there & sort out whoever did that!" I think I had another question which brought the same sort of answer.

Needless to say, I never received a reply to my application & I have seen photo's of the new writer/reporter in the paper.

Even though I've got no income, I think I had a lucky escape!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

More
13 years 3 months ago #354804 by Toast
Replied by Toast on topic Freelance writing
4trees - I applied for that job. Firstly, I had heard that it wasn't a very nice place to work. Before I applied I rang the Auckland phone number & was greeted with a very gruff, "Hello" (not really sure it was hello but something). I enquired politely & he didn't add anything to what was in the n/paper advert except to say it was in the PNth office. I pointed out that the advert stated either Fldg or PNth. He jumped down the phone at me, "Who the hell wrote that? They never let me see the advert. Wait til I get down there & sort out whoever did that!" I think I had another question which brought the same sort of answer.

Needless to say, I never received a reply to my application & I have seen photo's of the new writer/reporter in the paper.

Even though I've got no income, I think I had a lucky escape!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

More
13 years 3 months ago #355270 by belinda_h
OK, so maybe I WON'T apply for that one!!! Kate, I've just replied. :)

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds