Have you done this?

More
13 years 3 months ago #25284 by DiDi
Have you done this? was created by DiDi
Submissions close on the 19th November with regard to John Key's Marine and Coastal Area Bill (previously the Foreshore and Seabed Act). Have a read of this (with internal links available) and decide whether you wish to support or oppose the Bill.

www.nzcpr.com/briefingpaper.pdf

The NZCPR is published by the New Zealand Centre for Political Research.

I am about to do mine now as I want a voice in NZ's future.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #355391 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Have you done this?
Submissions close on Friday. Must admit I am suprised that this thread has not raised any discussion given the amount of research I have done as opposed to the uninformed snatches we have been given on TV. Each to their own I guess but if you have time, read the link and get your submission in before Friday - whatever it is.

More
13 years 3 months ago #355528 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Have you done this?
I will try and have a read of it tomorrow Didi.

More
13 years 3 months ago #355538 by PeterNZ
Replied by PeterNZ on topic Have you done this?
You need to allow popups in your browser otherwise you'll see the same bloody start page again and again.

No discussion from me here because I wouldn't be able to stay PC. [;)] Just one note: How much fairer can it be if it is everyone's?

Cheers

Peter

Everything you need to make your own cheese at home
www.CottageCrafts.co.nz
[:D]LSB Members will get first order (over $10) shipping cost free. Just mention your LSB user name! [:D]

My private blog (Caution! Contains opinions and thoughts which may offend some viewers.)

Change the World! One Meal...

More
13 years 3 months ago #355590 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Have you done this?
The whole point PeterNZ is not to succumb to the PC brigade. I was listening off and on to 1ZB today and was shocked at the misinformation that was being espoused on a public forum.

From my perspective, the reason it needs to be owned by all New Zealanders regardless of race culture or creed is that in one instance, there is at least a trillion dollars of wealth under and on top (iron ore) of the beaches and seabed out to the 20 mile limit. If the Crown owns it and eventually gets to mine it, that money can go into repayment of National debt, Hospitals, Education etc - for all. If the Maori obtain Customery title, it goes to them alone.

The RMA - it means that their authority overrides the RMA. This is not just reading the Coastal Coilition site but reading the Local Bodies and others submission earlier. I have read so many submissions by representative bodies for all New Zealanders that have to be factual and correct in their submissions that it makes your hair stand on end.

So I am being out there and not even pretending to be PC. I consider myself well read on the issues and have decided it must not go ahead. I want the foreshore and seabed (no matter what the National Party have changed the Act to read!) for all Kiwis and that includes the Maori. I was hearing on radio today that the 2004 Act prevents Maori going to Court. Rubbish. They can under the exsisting legislation but with a higher proof of continued use expected. The new Bill lowers the bar to where iwi can trade their rights with others and can also go to the Minister directly to get approval of their claims and thus control.

I just wish that more people had the time and energy to read the implications of this bill and put in a submission. We need one New Zealand foreshore and seabed for all New Zealander and that is what the Foreshore and Seabed 2004 Act enabled. Labour certainly got it right and the wishy washy Labour opposition of today should be supporting that and not trying to be PC.

Incidentally, I heard callers today who were Maori also agreeing that it was wrong so despite my claiming that I am not anti Maori - who is listening or researching the reality of what is being proposed? National have refined smoke screens to an art and history will prove it but that is too late for our children and grandchildren in my opinion.

More
13 years 3 months ago #355688 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Have you done this?
Hi Didi. Thanks for the reminder. At work we're all writing our submissions now. :-)
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds