Phone scammers alert

More
13 years 5 months ago #25198 by Xartep
Phone scammers alert was created by Xartep
Someone we know actually received one of these calls, he told them to take a hike.

www.stuff.co.nz/marlborough-express/news...eek-computer-control

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #353617 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Phone scammers alert
There's one born every minute huh? Anything like this gets both barrels if I answer the phone. Especially if they interupt my dinner.

More
13 years 5 months ago #353657 by Toast
Replied by Toast on topic Phone scammers alert
With a name like Let Me In you would almost think it was an April Fool's prank. I mean, how obvious!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

More
13 years 5 months ago #353680 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Phone scammers alert
I'd probably tell him that I don't have a computer and that he is talking a load of BS

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
13 years 5 months ago #353735 by simon@sue
Replied by simon@sue on topic Phone scammers alert
Hi All, I had the exact same thing happen to me - twice a couple of months ago. I advised them that I would phone the police if they rang again. They were calling from an Auckland number and I verified it by ringing them back but, still, that is no guarantee. I was livid that they were trying to convince me I had computer problems and wanted to know how they knew which, of course, they would not tell me.

Sue (sans Simon)

4 acres with Garage/sleepout, a pond with ducks and frogs, lots of trees ready to burst into life in spring and lots of garden beds.

More
13 years 5 months ago #353925 by hogiehorse
Replied by hogiehorse on topic Phone scammers alert
Had one of these calls just now. I told them "Go away, I know what you are up to, do not call me again."

I suppose there might be someone out there still who gets caught!

Hogiehorse
Quit lifestyling in September 2005 after 20 years but still ardent fan of this forum

More
13 years 5 months ago #353931 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Phone scammers alert
They also rang my 94 year old mother in a retirement village. All I can say is thank goodness she does not have a clue about computers and told the caller to take a hike!

It worries me enormously that the huge number of computer illiterate people out there ( more than knowlegeable) despite having a computer and the elderley will get worried and not have the knowledge that we have to realise it is a scam.

I saw it mentioned on teletext the other day - one day - and gone. Well - that helped - NOT!

More
13 years 5 months ago #354708 by Castle Peak
Replied by Castle Peak on topic Phone scammers alert
A friend took a call like this last night. She told them nothing and then quickly called my OH (fixer/geek) to see if he could advise her on how to find the problem on the pc herself.

This one is on the Scam watch website too.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds