McAfee scanning schedules

More
11 years 8 months ago #25176 by Rod Brown
I have decided to change back my scanning schedule to 4 am Sunday mornings. It says you can conserve your battery power to set the scan to run only when the the PC is plugged in. The PC is always plugged in but I switch it off at night, do they mean it just has to be plugged in or does the PC have to be switched on, in other words will the scan schedule work and run on battery power or whatever. I had a look at my scan history (I think!) and it looks like it didn't scan last night (this morning).

Thanks.

Now sold block, of no fixed abode, building new house. Darling wife has passed 1 year ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #353426 by wyseyes
Replied by wyseyes on topic McAfee scanning schedules
Your computer won't miraculously start up at 4am just to run your scan. If you turn your computer off overnight, it will never scan at 4am.
Your computer must be running, and plugged in (if you set that setting).

Change your scan to be at a time when your computer is on, and when you aren't likely to be using it, like lunchtime.

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
11 years 8 months ago #353433 by TKFARMER
Replied by TKFARMER on topic McAfee scanning schedules
As a rule when I wish to scan I leave the computer on when I go to bed .Return in the morning scan done or set the scan going before going to bed. tkf

Playing farmer on 3.5 acres. [:)][:)]

More
11 years 8 months ago #353438 by Rod Brown
Replied by Rod Brown on topic McAfee scanning schedules
Ta, I thought it might run in the back ground just by the back up battery!!! mine seems to take hours hence the change to the small hours of the morning, maybe I'll just leave it running all night on Saturday through to Sunday.

Now sold block, of no fixed abode, building new house. Darling wife has passed 1 year ago.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds