Murphy and his ruddy law

More
11 years 8 months ago #25133 by Ghilly
I've been slowly getting Hanukkah ready for the annual AN show this weekend. It starts Friday and ends Saturday, .... two day show for us and the goats.

I still have to get things ready, water bucket, poop collection bucket, hay for the day wrapped up in a feed sack... the usual collection of stuff.

I also have to move the back electric fence but seeing as my back has decided to throw a tantrum, everything I do has to be done slowly and if I have to bend over, it's both hands on the legs and slide them down until I can reach whatever it is and make a quick grab for it. Took me ages to get my socks on this morning, and my trousers.... I felt like my Grandmother!

I would stay the night at Nannas and she would get up in the mornings and get dressed, including a corset that did up like a shoe lace in the front.... stockings held up by suspenders and the whole lot went on slowly, especially the stockings cos she couldn't reach her feet properly..... apart from the difference in attire, I had about as much flexibility as she did.

Ooooooooh buggary bollocks! I need a crook back like I need a hole in the water bucket!

Yakut

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #353014 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Murphy and his ruddy law
ohh buggery bollocks ..puts it very nicely i think.. poor you..i know the feeling.. my weekend didnt go as planned and the garden is still weeds, thanks to the fact that the weeds are at ground level and i couldnt get there with my back!
stooped old ladies.. not a good look :)
can you sit on a bucket and do your bits and pieces?.. saves bending ( except to move bucket ).. i look a right noodle, scooting around with my bucket and doing things within reach then moving to next spot.. but at least i am not having to move too far ( when my back goes i cant move the legs or bend )
take it easy

More
11 years 8 months ago #353078 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Murphy and his ruddy law
I have just had a codine cos I've run out of ibuprophen. The back thing is giving me one hell of a thumper of a headache, the sort where you think your head is going to bust open. I knelt down to milk Hanukkah and holy hell!!! I actually knelt there with my eyes shut wondering how much worse it could get before I passed out. The codine must have kicked in just after that cos although I'm still aware of it, it's not feeling like the inside of a Kettle Drum during a wild percussion solo played by a weightlifting musician with a grudge.

At least..... I think it's my back causing the headache.... it could be something entirely separate...

I need to get better by tomorrow.... in fact I'd appreciate feeling better tonight, ....indeed, now would be good.

Better go throw something around in the kitchen and hope it's edible.

Yakut

More
11 years 8 months ago #353318 by Hasbeen
Replied by Hasbeen on topic Murphy and his ruddy law
You might need a short time in Grandma's corset Yakut.

I carry one in the back of the van in case I come across the odd bag of horse poo.
Slap on the back brace lug in the sack.

Did in my back 50 years ago, soon learned to strap it when doing anything dodgy.

Only use it for the task though.

Recovering Lifestyler

More
11 years 8 months ago #353325 by Xartep
Replied by Xartep on topic Murphy and his ruddy law
do you have a good osteopath? I spent thousands of dollars over the years on chiropractors and physios (not including the ACC subsidies) and still had to be adjusted every six weeks. What rubbish.

I got recommended to an Osteopath and 6 treatments and no pain, for the 1st time in 10yrs.

I recently hurt myself again, 2 rounds of physio and still getting serious pain regularly. Once again recommended to a local Osteopath (turned out he had started the other clinic I'd gone to in Wellington[;)]) and pain gone in 8 weeks, with only the occasional minor twinge for the last 8 months.

Sometimes we just accept the pian as part of our lives we get so used to it being there in one form or another, it is really not necessary. Once it is dealt with many other things are possible and you can sleep better so your overall health improves.

Oh yes - I have never been referred by a doctor to an Osteopath, it has always been word of mouth from friends who have gone through the same/similar issues. What is that all about???

Good luck at the show.
X

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
11 years 8 months ago #353346 by hogiehorse
Replied by hogiehorse on topic Murphy and his ruddy law
Yakut,

There is a good Osteopath in Pukekohe - Helen Wright. Ph. 09 238 7806. She has rooms at the Way Of Life Health Shop, 66 Edinburgh Street. I went to her in agony a couple of years ago and she certainly helped ease the situation. In fact, I really need to take my own advice and go to see her again as I now have another back/neck problem.

Hogiehorse
Quit lifestyling in September 2005 after 20 years but still ardent fan of this forum

More
11 years 8 months ago #353401 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Murphy and his ruddy law
Thanks Hogiehorse, I'll keep her in mind.

Hanukkah got third in the best udder class, Atticus got first in the under 2 months old buck class and Benjamin got second... they were the only two in the class LOL. Hanukkah and Atticus also got a fourth placing in dam and progeny class.

It's been a long two days.

I'm feeling a little chilly, my electric blanket is on and there;s a cup of cocoa waiting for me in the microwave.... To bed!

Yakut

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds