Band together concert...

More
11 years 8 months ago #25096 by highgirl
Did anyone in Canterbury go to the Band Together concert? I went, a wee bit tentatively because the parking can be a bit of a hassle, but it was fantastic and worth the tiny walk to the park.

My 2 and a half year old lasted very very well with no sleep, and my boys did well to so we got to enjoy a decent amount of great artists and have caught the rest on 3 plus one on TV.

Well done NZ for such a great lot of support for Canterbury. It's certainly been a harrowing time for a lot of people. I (touch wood) can luckily say that I haven't been too badly affected by the initial earthquake or the aftershocks, but it has affected many many people, including my aunt who found out this week that her house in Dallington would have to be demolished, and the poor people on Telegraph Road who constantly have people parking up their drives to photograph the road.

So thanks for such a great day and a tremendous sense of support :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #352619 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Band together concert...
I went, too, with my two younger children (13 and 17) and it was a very unique experience. We arrived around 3 pm and stayed almost till the end.

It was nice to see people of all ages and from all walks of life enjoying this free concert. The crowd got really going when Midnight Youth, Evermore and Opshop played. When J Williams took the stage the crowd went (almost) crazy.

I've never been to a concert of this kind (only to concerts where you are allocated a seat) where people were standing tightly packed not far from the stage.

Dave Dobbyn was the last performer we watched and I was quite impressed that even the younger ones seemed to enjoy his performance.

There also was a band called 'The Bats' and Bob Parker, our re-elected mayor, played the guitar along with them. They didn't give him a microphone for singing, though.

More
11 years 8 months ago #352621 by highgirl
Replied by highgirl on topic Band together concert...
Wonder if not giving Bob Parker a mic was a good thing or a bad thing [;)]

More
11 years 8 months ago #352622 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Band together concert...
... probably a good thing:rolleyes:.

He was strutting like a pea cock.

More
11 years 8 months ago #352625 by highgirl
Replied by highgirl on topic Band together concert...
Yuck!!! I can just imagine that smarmy smile :D Oh did I say that? [:0]

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds