It is sooooooo quiet in the mornings now

More
11 years 8 months ago #24931 by ronnie
that I have given away the noisy roosters :D :D :D :D :D

I usually take them into the local auction house, but never got around to it a fortnight ago and wasn't going into town on Friday, so I put them on trademe to give away. Intended on getting rid of the 4 young ones as the others are all very ancient.

Had a lovely lady turn up to pick them up on Sunday and she has offered to take all I want rid of [:0] So she took 5 on Sunday and when I can get the rest of them gathered up, she will come and get them too. Seems they are not destined for the pot, not that I was worried about that.

Oh, it is soooooooo quiet now - except for one. He escaped from the henhouse a while ago and insists on getting under the house, usually under our bed and crowing. [}:)][}:)] He is NOT going to last long doing that.
Now to catch him.........

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #350773 by stephclark
he he he :D .. i have one of those as well.. cant get near him.. he can scoot very quickly.. 4am.. hes on the deck railing outside our bedroom .. i am getting very good at rolling over and hurling shoes out the window at him :D ..tried chasing him around the yard with a pot and a leek.. he didnt get the hint there either... :D

not going to let this sod beat me however.. and does provide some hilarious entertainment of a quiet afternoon..

More
11 years 8 months ago #350776 by ronnie
Yes, I have never had a rooster beat me either. His reign is going to be short lived. But the escape routes out of the hen house need to be fixed first and can't happen till the cattle finish off the house lawn. The steers tend to poke their heads thru the chicken netting where it joins around the hen house. So no point fixing it then letting the cattle in.

I'm sure the neighbour is enjoying the peace and quiet as well. :)

More
11 years 8 months ago #350779 by emumad
yes indeed... last sunday afternoon was rooster day..3 noisy bantam roosters despatched and in the freezer..our big rooster has been crowing, but getting no reply he settles down pretty quickly and we have fresh chicken to look forward to (yum).
muscovy ducks arrived to keep the bantam hens company..
craig.

More
11 years 8 months ago #350783 by ronnie
The offending rooster made a huge mistake this morning - he gave me that "ha ha ha I'm still free" look. He is now safely ensconced in the cage in the garage awaiting his new owner to pick him up. It was all very easy really. He wanted to come inside, so I let him and shut the back door behind him. From there, it was just a case of follow him into the kitchen and pick him up from the kitchen window - no squawking, no feathers flying - nothing :D :D :D

More
11 years 8 months ago #350784 by sod
:D :D :D he he it only take one mistake great news.

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
11 years 8 months ago #350807 by igor
We have become used to the sound of roosters at all hours of the day and night. I don't notice them to any great extent any more. Or the quacking ducks going nuts outside our bedroom window all night when the moon is full. Or the panelbeater next door working late in his barn. These are just normal night-time sounds to me now.

More
11 years 8 months ago #350811 by sod
igor like your thinking we have lot of night sounds here that are just part of the place but then I grew up near main Hutt Valley railway also lived on State highway 1 At Otaki so guess I'm used to it :D :D

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds