80's hair

More
17 years 3 months ago #248 by Kiwi303
80's hair was created by Kiwi303
Been watching old videos deciding which to keep and which to throw out, tonights entertainment was Krull, recorded in 1986, The Hair was incredible.

mind you it looks better than some hairstyles seen these days.

Real retro looks, I wonder how popular it would be if my next party was themed "80s" with old classics playing :D

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #42119 by GBpeter
Replied by GBpeter on topic 80's hair
Nothing retro about the 80's - just last week (and the music was lousy)- now the 60s!!

More
17 years 3 months ago #42123 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic 80's hair
lol, given I was born in 1980, it's a bit more than just last week for me :D my memories of the times are a little scanty :D

I'll see your 60s and raise the ante by the 10s, second decade past the centanary, danies in top hats doing the grand tour of the continent, no war yet on the horizon to dampen things :p

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

• Toni - Northland
17 years 3 months ago #42130 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic 80's hair
The 80's were the most BORING of the decades. The music was crap, the fashions were crap and the hairstyles were crapper. Mind you the 90's doesn't stand out for music either really. Now, the 70's, that was the decade for GREAT music. Anything 70's and earlier I like. I still had my 80's clothes taking up space in the cupboard, so I sold them on TM and they went like hotcakes. Wish I had kept more.

More
17 years 3 months ago #42133 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic 80's hair
No way! I was a teenage/uni student in the 80s, as much makeup as you wanted, colourful clothes, music you could dance to, lotsa cover bands every pub every Friday and Saturday night!

We still have a heap of vinyls from back then and have been replacing our tapes with CDs as we find them, great party material for gatherings of friends all around our age as we all know the songs...

It was bad taste looking back from now but at the time it was soooo much fun! :D

PS from my perspective it was the 70s that sucked big time.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
17 years 3 months ago #42134 by digby
Replied by digby on topic 80's hair
ha ha
My kids think that I am "with it" knowing the words to songs ... little do they know that the songs are only remakes

Bye
Digby [:)]

• maggies mum
17 years 3 months ago #42141 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic 80's hair
And ya still have the hair do!!

Runs and ducks for cover!

More
17 years 3 months ago #42144 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic 80's hair
I'd go with 60's music... and a lot of music previous to then.
Kim has threatened to hide my Doris Day cd!!! [:0] but I haven't been listening to much recently. I find 'King Louie's' song "I wanna be like you" from Disneys 'The Jungle Book' is a good kick up the backside to get things done... however, I tried the repeat button on the cd player the other day and it wouldn't work. Maybe the CD player has had enough of King Louie? It was an incentive to keep vaccuuming.

I'm not sure why it is, maybe a lack of faith in modern music? but I've found the older I get the older the music I listen to.

The 70's just reminds me of hideous shoes, clothes and freaky hairdos.
Those here who have met me may have noticed, I'm not into hair. The less of it, the better. When you have anything shorter than a number four clip, you just don't have bad hair days.

Yakut

More
17 years 3 months ago #42148 by digby
Replied by digby on topic 80's hair
I hope you weren't talking to me MM

I can't help having boffy hair!!!

Bye
Digby [:)]

• chooky
17 years 3 months ago #42161 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic 80's hair
My kids still hassle me about my 80's perm - were you born with one Digby ??
I love the music from the late 60's and early 70's - Just got Cat Stevens (Yusif Isalm )latest CD- called ' An other Cup '. Very similiar to his older stuff.:)[^][^]

More
17 years 3 months ago #42166 by Birman Babe
Replied by Birman Babe on topic 80's hair
I love the late 60's/70's music.
So much rubbish around these days.

More
17 years 3 months ago #42169 by Gracelands
Replied by Gracelands on topic 80's hair
Ditto what Tigger said about being a student in the 80s. Big hair, bigger shoulder pads, wear what you like, the crazier the better, and that was just Hamilton!

Then I spent the 2nd half of the 80s in London. Man, those guys REALLY knew how to party. [}:)]

Sometimes I just die laughing at the 80s music videos on J2 (video channel) The fashions and the hairstyles [:0]....... I used to have this fabulous puffball miniskirt - white with big black spots all over it. It was just fab!!! I think they were super trendy for about 5 minutes in 1985, and then everyone realised that they looked quite hideous, and they died an unnatural death. Must be about time for them to come back into fashion again.

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
Hans Christian Anderson

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds