Airbags and car seat covers

More
13 years 8 months ago #24724 by jeannielea
We upgraded our car earlier this year so thought wool seat covers would would be a good birthday present for OH. There was a notice on the pack that said they may be unsuitable for cars with seat airbags and sure enough ours are like that. My question is, are there any nice covers that can be used for these cars?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #348524 by Xartep
Replied by Xartep on topic Airbags and car seat covers
There is a company in Masterton that makes them to order - more expensive than super cheap but will last longer.

www.bits4farms.co.nz/products/5304-canvas_seat_covers_.aspx

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
13 years 8 months ago #348556 by 4trees
Replied by 4trees on topic Airbags and car seat covers
Hi Jennilea, we have a Mazda which has the Airbags on the side of the drivers seat and passengers seat, all of the covers go around the side, I got some made, but they are not marvellous, cost a bit too. I should have bought convential ones and just cut out the area where the airbags go, and I think they would have been better. Cheers.

Cheers
http:treeandshrub.co.nz

More
13 years 8 months ago #348583 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Airbags and car seat covers
This looks like the start of a very interesting discussion. Fortunately none of my vehicles are new enough to have airbags. I remain unconvinced as to their necessity or their long term safety in daily use (i.e. not in a crash situation) and, for the present at least, intend to continue using older vehicles without them.

More
13 years 8 months ago #348585 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Airbags and car seat covers
igor we dont have them in ours any of ours and agree with you

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds