Email problem

More
11 years 9 months ago #24679 by spoook
Email problem was created by spoook
For some time now I have been having an issue with downloading my emails. :(
Have been calling my provider to be advised to change all the setting..... to no avail. :(

All I have to do is leave it all alone and later in the day all the emails are downloaded on their own. No explanation of course. [:(!]

It has happened again the last few days, I have not bothered to ring to get the run around from someone in Manilla, .......... later on...... poof....there they all are neatly in columns and folders, downloaded without a hitch.

Today I rang and asked for P2 tech, he advises me it will be my security software...... I ask, why does it correct itself later? He does not know. Why does it happen again next day? He does not know.
He tells me no one else is ringing with this issue.

So guys, has anyone out there experienced / experiencing the same problem?

Am off to search my assistant, Google

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #348031 by wyseyes
Replied by wyseyes on topic Email problem
Aat a guess, if the email server is faulting, or even down, you will not get your emails. When they manage to fix the server, then the next time it isn't dealing with everyone else's stored email, it will send you yours.

I wouldn't put it past your ISP phone monkeys to blatently lie (either out of ignorance, or for fear of losing face) to you as to the state of their email system. 'The old "nothing wrong here, it must be at your end" and let the customer stew until we fix it' donkey.

Your email has been working, then they stop for a while, then start working again. If nothing changed at your end, then the problem is theirs. Not that they'd tell you.

Rant aside, can you see the emails via webmail?

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
11 years 9 months ago #348041 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Email problem
Yes, I can get to my emails in webmail. ... and yes, I do believe I am being spun a yarn :(

How can it be my security, in this case Avast!, that is causing the problem. Surely the problem would not clear itself later in the day? !!!!!

More
11 years 9 months ago #348042 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Email problem
Okay, I am having problems starting this arvo too - can recieve emails from gmail addresses, but can't send them...they are bouncing back saying address invalid - including yours, oh Web Goddess! :rolleyes:

Spoook is there any common thread on emails that you are not receiving - ie from a particular ISP?

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
11 years 9 months ago #348045 by spoook
The common thread is........... my Outlook Express will not connect at all. [:(!]
Damn common of it, if you ask me.[V]

More
11 years 9 months ago #348046 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Email problem

tigger;337427 wrote: Okay, I am having problems starting this arvo too - can recieve emails from gmail addresses, but can't send them...they are bouncing back saying address invalid - including yours, oh Web Goddess! :rolleyes:

About 500 spammers have got through...isn't that typical?:cool::cool:

Web Goddess

More
11 years 9 months ago #348093 by kiwi_jon
Replied by kiwi_jon on topic Email problem
Spoook,

I would be more inclined to suspect your broadband connection. If I remember correctly you mentioned in a previous thread that your broadband was a bit 'dodgy'.

In the Advanced settings of your account in OE make sure that the server timeout slider is set to maximum i.e 5 minutes.

When this is happening what error does OE give you when you do a send/receive?
When this happens do you have an email sitting in the Outbox waiting to be sent?
Do you receive large emails?
Do you send large emails?

More
11 years 9 months ago #348098 by spoook

kiwi_jon;337483 wrote:

I would be more inclined to suspect your broadband connection. If I remember correctly you mentioned in a previous thread that your broadband was a bit 'dodgy'.
Broadband was working well each time emails would not download.

In the Advanced settings of your account in OE make sure that the server timeout slider is set to maximum i.e 5 minutes.
Done thanks, worth a try

When this is happening what error does OE give you when you do a send/receive?
Will make a note when it happens again
When this happens do you have an email sitting in the Outbox waiting to be sent?
No
Do you receive large emails?
Sometimes
Do you send large emails?
Sometimes

Here is the previous thread, having re-read it I am more peeved.

More
11 years 9 months ago #348104 by optrex
Replied by optrex on topic Email problem
questions: why use an email client and have your pc clogged up with email. why have the hassle of scanning it all for viruses. why have seperate access for when you are not at your pc?

I work in IT and consolidate all my email from 7 different domains into my 1 gmail account. I can have all the aliases I need. I can send email from any of the 7 domain accounts. I dont have any storage worries, any virus or spam issues and I can access everything on the one website on the one account. Its the best thing I ever did ad saves me loads of hassle.

gmail - settings - accounts and import
look at check email via pop3 and send email as

job done

NZ Weather Forum
NZ Beekeepers Forum

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds