National Animal Identification and Tracing (NAIT)

More
11 years 10 months ago #347744 by reggit

PeterNZ;337092 wrote: See the example with the car license plate on the forum here. Everybody can get my details for a fee. Is this acceptable? Nobody asked me as far as I am aware if I am happy to make this information public.

Peter, as I pointed out on that thread, the regulations are being changed to STOP this happening, not making it easier for people to access it. So perhaps not a good example to use here..? :rolleyes:

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #347749 by PeterNZ

tigger;337095 wrote: Peter, as I pointed out on that thread, the regulations are being changed to STOP this happening, not making it easier for people to access it. So perhaps not a good example to use here..? :rolleyes:

Sorry it is a perfect example. Because as it is at the moment everybody CAN get my details from my license plate. And this is what I meant. Not the fact that they NOW stop it, which I think is a good thing. They shouldn't have this allowed in the first place. I brought it as an example for what the government potentially can (and will) do with your data.

I welcome the change in regulations to STOP it.

Does it make it clearer now?

Cheers

Peter

Everything you need to make your own cheese at home
www.CottageCrafts.co.nz
[:D]LSB Members will get first order (over $10) shipping cost free. Just mention your LSB user name! [:D]

My private blog (Caution! Contains opinions and thoughts which may offend some viewers.)

Change the World! One Meal...

More
11 years 10 months ago #347751 by dubdub
The way I've just read it it would appear that only animals going to the works and to the saleyards need to be tagged?

No mention of homekill at all! Unless I missed it.

More
11 years 10 months ago #347758 by PeterNZ

dubdub;337102 wrote: The way I've just read it it would appear that only animals going to the works and to the saleyards need to be tagged?

No mention of homekill at all! Unless I missed it.

The tagging is not linked anymore to where the animal goes. Every cattle and deer needs to be tagged now. Every single one without exception. It doesn't matter if you keep it as a pet, if you home kill it, if it is breeding stock or goes to the works.

You need to fill in an (online)form or call 0800 number if you transport the animal from your farm to an A&P show or to a run off farm as soon as it is further than 10 km away from the registered location for this animal. The government wants to know where every single animal is located.

This is currently all for Cattle and Deer with the plan to extend to all farm animals.

Cheers

Peter

www.CottageCrafts.co.nz
[:D]LSB Members will get first order (over $10) shipping cost free. Just mention your LSB user name! [:D]

My private blog (Caution! Contains opinions and thoughts which may offend some viewers.)

More
11 years 10 months ago #347759 by dubdub
This is what I read on the PDF form I downloaded

Person in Charge of Animals (PICA)
From 1 November 2011 every animal movement
between NAIT locations must be recorded with NAIT.
Every animal movement still requires a signed Animal
Status Declaration to accompany the animal.
Processing Plant
Every animal movement to a meat processing plant
must be recorded on the NAIT system, including the
NAIT location the animal came from.
Saleyards/Livestock Agents
Every animal movement to a saleyard location must
be recorded on the NAIT system, including the NAIT
location the animal came from and the NAIT location
the animal is moved to from the saleyard.

Where is the part where it says everything else?

More
11 years 10 months ago #347768 by PeterNZ

dubdub;337111 wrote: This is what I read on the PDF form I downloaded

Person in Charge of Animals (PICA)
From 1 November 2011 every animal movement
between NAIT locations must be recorded with NAIT.
Every animal movement still requires a signed Animal
Status Declaration to accompany the animal.
Processing Plant
Every animal movement to a meat processing plant
must be recorded on the NAIT system, including the
NAIT location the animal came from.
Saleyards/Livestock Agents
Every animal movement to a saleyard location must
be recorded on the NAIT system, including the NAIT
location the animal came from and the NAIT location
the animal is moved to from the saleyard.

Where is the part where it says everything else?

This is only a part of it. The quotes above only talk about the movements.
Here are the requirements for NAIT:

Farmers will need to:

• Ensure all cattle and deer are tagged with a NAIT-approved tag.
  • Record all animals onto the NAIT database either themselves or through a third-party.
  • Notify NAIT of all farm-to-farm animal movements.

and further:

Do all animals need to be tagged?

Under the NAIT proposal as it stands, only cattle and deer will be required to be tagged. The current rules around the identification of animals for bovine Tb purposes, under the MINDA scheme, for imported animals and for HGP-treated animals will continue to apply. NAIT will set some additional new requirements:

• All cattle and deer will have to be tagged with a NAIT-approved tag (this tag can meet secondary tag requirements of current official schemes).
  • The animals must be tagged within 180 days of their birth, or at the time of first contact with the animal (whichever comes first).
  • The animals must be tagged prior to the animal’s first movement regardless of age. The only planned exception is for calves less than 30-days-old going directly to slaughter.

source: nait.co.nz/nait_FAQ.cfm

Another useful page on this NAIT web site is nait.co.nz/nait_The_NAIT_System.cfm . Click the dots on the graphic to get more information.

By the way what makes you think that a home kill butcher doesn't fall into the category in your PDF document called "Processing Plant"?

And while we are at it, the government is actually already working on a big extension to the NAIT system called FarmsOnLine.
See here: nait.co.nz/nait_FarmsOnLine.cfm and here: www.biosecurity.govt.nz/biosec/camp-acts/farmsonline
This is a "new shared Crown resource". So what do I have to understand under the term "shared", eh?

Some quotes from the PDF on the webpage :

The FarmsOnLine dataset will cover all livestock, forestry, horticulture and viticulture sectors, as well as cattle and deer properties that will be recorded under the first rollout of the NAIT project. The FarmsOnLine dataset will actively manage information about all rural properties, including life-style blocks, and properties contiguous to these rural properties, and will also include sale yards, abattoirs, pack-houses and other relevant premises.

[...]FarmsOnLine will hold personal information relating to individual property owners and occupiers in the form of personal contact details and farm-level information on the volumes of stock and/or crop species.

So here comes already your registered apple tree!

MAF will be allowed to get your details from your rates bill

override section 28A(6) of the Local Government (Rating) Act 2002 preventing disclosure of personal information to FarmsOnLine in bulk form

and is able to give your information to "authorised persons requiring information under the Biosecurity Act" whoever this might be.

enable personal information in FarmsOnLine to be accessed by authorised persons requiring information under the Biosecurity Act to support activities sanctioned under the purpose of Part 4 of the Biosecurity Act.

and so on and so forth...

And before anyone complains, I know most of the data is already available to the government. Some of it isn't. But is it good that i.e. my LINZ records which were so far relatively secure are now being shared with the MAF database? Is it ok if it is made easier to create an even bigger and more detailed picture of me, my life and the place I live and work?

Cheers

Peter

www.CottageCrafts.co.nz

More
10 years 5 months ago #415185 by NAIT Ltd
If you have any questions on NAIT please visit www.lifestyleblock.co.nz/vfor...ad.php?t=31917 to have NAIT answer your questions.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.nait.co.nz | www.tbfree.co.nz | www.ospri.co.nz

The NAIT and TBfree New Zealand programmes are powered by OSPRI New Zealand

More
10 years 5 months ago #415465 by RhodeRed

Ronney;336201 wrote:
As somebody who had over $22,000.00 removed from their bank accounts by another government department without our knowledge I am, not surprisingly, very, very chary of having any government department having too much more knowledge about me, us and what we do. The fact that they could do this despite that their figures were badly flawed, is very frightening. We got $15K back, to try and retrieve the rest of it would have bankrupted us. That isn't democracy, that is dictatorship.

Agree entirely.

BTW, next time you open a bank account or if you can get a copy of the original agreement you made with the bank (fat chance) read the fine print.
It included the corporation known as "The Crown" or "NZ Gov'" as a third party interloper in the contract between you and the bank. So you signed off (possibly unknowingly) and gave The Crown permission to rape you savings when you first opened the account.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds