2 Cats need new home - urgently

More
13 years 5 months ago #24459 by Clods
I think I posted about this about a year and a half ago. My dad went to the UK for 6 months, and left his cats with me. I had said I couldn't have them, but here they still are. He ended up staying a year in the UK, and then has come back and stayed 6 months with me.

He assured me he had convinced my brother's landlord to let him have the cats. Well, he is leaving for UK on Monday, and is going to live there permanently. Landlord has said "no", again.

Cats urgently need a new home.

Dylan is a big fat ginger cat, about 10, I think. Trouble is small and skinny tabby, and a probably about 14, but doesn't act old. And she talks all the time.

Looking for a home where they will be appreciated - they like lots of love. Possibly with visitation rights, when dad comes back for a visit, but understand if this isn't possible. He just doesn't want to get them put down.

Pissed off he has left this to the last minute again. Anyone who would like them, or who knows someone? In the Wellington region.

Thanks

2 horses, 15 Chickens, 1 goat, 2 pigs, 1 cat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #345496 by Clods
They have always lived in a semi rural setting, with quiet roads, so a lifestyle block would be great for them. They love hunting, though more recently, have been spending most of their time asleep in front of the fire.

More
13 years 5 months ago #345824 by Clods

More
13 years 5 months ago #345836 by sod
Replied by sod on topic 2 Cats need new home - urgently
They are bootiful.

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
13 years 5 months ago #345842 by Pumpkingirl
They're gorgeous Clods, I'm really sorry I can't help.

More
13 years 5 months ago #345884 by kaybe
I hope you find somewhere. I can't help I'm afraid.

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
13 years 5 months ago #345886 by kate
I wish I could help too but with three cats and no house I daren't take on any more...

Good luck with finding a home for them, they're very cute :D

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
13 years 5 months ago #345887 by max2
bugger. I can't help, my burmeses would struggle with a newbie or two in the house.

They have the domain... and fight amongst themselves as it is.

I will ask the spanner question though, why doesn't your Dad, if he doesn't want to see them put down, take them back to the UK with him?

We used petjets for our 2, and they really settled in well here in NZ although it was distressing for me at the time to see them go a week before our move...

To look at our two, you wouldn't think the poor blighters had been uprooted from one country to another, moved to a cattery, moved to a temp house and then moved here. Just wish I could have got frequent flyer points for them though and we did pay a lot more for our furniture and one car to come and go than I did for the cats......

More
13 years 5 months ago #345894 by witheze
My neighbours found a wonderful home for their two cats......I had put a notice up at work but I failed to change the phone no. when they moved.:rolleyes:. So an interested party failed to make contact but saw them also advertised on the Trade Me site.........contact was made, owner visited the home -to -be, was totally satisfied and the cats now have a better lifestyle than before.....I also know the new owner and could vouch for her.[;)]....so that was a successful trade me giveaway. I feel guilty about not changing the phone no. tho...it could have lost them a great home.:o Apparently there were several other enquiries from the t/m listing. Wish I could help more they're lovely cats. (Try a flyer on the Wgtn hospital notice board....that's where mine went.)

More
13 years 5 months ago #345901 by DiDi
Agree with the others. I soooo hope you find them a good home soon. I can't help but wish I could. My cat is a smoochy love with me but an absolute nightmare with any other cat so have resigned myself to being a one cat family for many years. She is only eight but has seen off one rescue already, but thankfully, Mini found a wonderful home with another neighbour.

More
13 years 5 months ago #345912 by beedee
Sorry with 5 x cats here and no $$ coming in .. but agree they are nice cats. hope they find a home soon.. and if you did have to put them down I think your father needs to take some of the blame.. have you tried a rest home, being adult cats they might like them.. many institutions are taking adult cats to keep the elderly calm

More
13 years 5 months ago #345955 by Clods
Thanks. When we all originally moved over here 20-odd years ago, we did bring cats with us from the UK. He can't take them back with him because he isn't living in one place... Spending a few months in England, and a few months in Spain. Is is going to look for his own place when his house sells here, but I imagine it will still be a few months england, few months spain, few months NZ when he is settled.

He has had plenty of time to find them something but was convinced the landlord would let my brother have them, so no problems.

I am waving him goodbye at the airport today, and probably will be another year before we see him.

More
13 years 4 months ago #348437 by Clods
Thanks so much to Sod, and family, who have given these two a loving new home. Sleeping on the bed the first night! They will be spoilt.

More
13 years 4 months ago #348438 by kate
Great news :D :D

Web Goddess

More
13 years 4 months ago #348444 by beedee
So glad to hear that once again the 'family' managed to squeeze in another animal.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds