iTunes Gift Card - Why me?

More
14 years 6 months ago #2443 by max2
Righto, why me, why THIS week? Why at all?

We gave E an Ipod 4gb (we think its a nano) pink thingo for christmas, Aussie young fella who hangs with us bought her a docking port to play on the car stereo, Nan bought her an iTunes gift card for $A20 to redeem music and videos legally.

Can I get the darn thing to redeem on line? No! Why me, why this week? Why on Christmas Day?

I am sure this is a conspiracy.... bar humbug.

Any thoughts? Please....... don't let it be another vista type problem, I have run out of patience but am trying to do it on my XP desktop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #72896 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic iTunes Gift Card - Why me?
I've never used iTunes myself, but I did find this just now:

Apple recommends that iTunes customers using Windows Vista upgrade to iTunes 7.2 or later. If you are using an iPod with iTunes on Windows Vista, please review the important information in Knowledge Base document #305289 on this web page:

docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305289

Sounds like it would pay to check which version of iTunes you are running.

What a pain isn't it Swaggie when gifts like this cannot be used easily (or at all). How annoying for you [xx(]

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
14 years 6 months ago #72924 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic iTunes Gift Card - Why me?
Just like not having the right battery size Grant![xx(]

I will try again on the XP system, hopefully the iTune's shop was too busy or something....

More
14 years 5 months ago #79782 by max2
I had a good result today, you may recall from another post of mine (I couldn't locate it so updating this one instead) that Grant exposed my Ipod christmas gift purchase for E as a replica purchase, for nearly the same price....[:0][B)]

Anyhow I emailed the auction site where I bought it from in January, didnt receive a reply so telephoned them this arvo, expecting to be told it was out of their return time frame etc.

Anyhow they have agreed to organise a courier to pick it up again and will refund me the money I paid including the buyers premium for the product. They agree it was mis represented!

So ultimately E will get her Ipod, but this time I will make sure its from an authorised seller.... geese what an eye opener!

More
14 years 5 months ago #79826 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic iTunes Gift Card - Why me?

quote:Originally posted by swaggie

...Anyhow they have agreed to organise a courier to pick it up again and will refund me the money I paid including the buyers premium for the product. They agree it was mis represented!

Well done Swaggie :) Good on you for persevering.

Yes, there is a lot to be said for buying the genuine article, especially when it's such a great product as the iPod. I'm certainly not an Apple Fanboy, but I have to hand it to Steve Jobs -- he has single-handedly brought the music industry to heel after years of ripping us off with CDs that are 20% good (if you're lucky) and frequently 80% crap. If you have an iPod, it also makes a lot of sense to sign up for iTunes and everything plays very nicely together. The gift card will be truly useful to E at last [8D]

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
14 years 5 months ago #79903 by max2
Oh I managed to suss that out as well, I was trying to log into the .com site (which is american) with an aussie gift card.

So eventually I found the Aussie Ipod music store site, opened an "account" for E and have downloaded 2 songs to the desktop, which is when I discovered the problems with the imitiation IPOD not being able to transfer them to the mp3 as it was overloading one of my USB hubs.... and I would have to shut the computer down via the power point.[V]

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds