Crazy Bus Driver

More
13 years 6 months ago #344238 by smurfette
Replied by smurfette on topic Crazy Bus Driver
Have been into the police station this morning to file our complaint also our local paper.(with the backing of some other parents)
Have to now find all the injured kids to add to record and get bus lists sent to police(maybe not possible due to privacy act) in case they need to have statements taken as to being witnesses.

police said that there's a new law now that if you don't have your kids belted in then it comes under abuse and CYFs steps in and takes over from the police (something like that) which could also be the case with the driver as he deliberately went to hurt the kids invloled so comes under abuse.
He may be charged with 'careless driving causing injury' that is, as well as having pressure from the community (from being made public) and might decide not to drive school busses anymore, which we think would be a good thing.

Yes I know what your all saying about the pressure that the bus drivers are under, but this time we have to think of the safety of our children. Drivers who are stressed should have 'time out' or try some relaxation techneques to get them through, and no, I'm not being smart about it either. :)

I'll keep that. It will come in handy one day.:D:D:D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #344302 by ravenseyes
Replied by ravenseyes on topic Crazy Bus Driver
Perhaps the driver could try this to make the passengers behave.
Daughter's bus was very late one day. That was because the driver kept stopping. As he could not discipline or stop the kids behaving as they were, everytime they started misbehaving he pulled over to the side of the road and waited until they were all seated again and behaving. Everytime someone misbehaved he just pulled over and waited. It made for a damn slow trip but daughter said eventually it worked and the more cretinous of the passengers realized that they would have to sit down shut up and keep their hands to themselves. The driver never said a word and just stopped and waited. This spread around the other company drivers and they started doing it too. Some parents bitched and moaned but most of us supported it as it was the minority of the kids who caused the hassles and some of the behaviour would have seen them charged with assault had they been older.

Brave Words. I've heard them before from thousands of species across thousands of worlds, since long before you were created, but now, they are all Borg.

More
13 years 6 months ago #344323 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic Crazy Bus Driver
Great thinking from you bus driver Ravenseyes! The poor buggers have very little power or support to control their buses and are subject to badly behaved children and moaning parents who will not believe that their child played up.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
13 years 6 months ago #344333 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Crazy Bus Driver
I do wonder how these poor school bus drivers cope. We are not allowed to talk on mobiles unless hands free, (lack of concentration) how the blazes can a driver concentrate with kids misbehaving behind him?

I love the slow trip on the bus idea from Ravenseyes.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 6 months ago #344344 by drifter
Replied by drifter on topic Crazy Bus Driver

smurfette;333121 wrote: Have been into the police station this morning to file our complaint also our local paper.(with the backing of some other parents)
Have to now find all the injured kids to add to record and get bus lists sent to police(maybe not possible due to privacy act) in case they need to have statements taken as to being witnesses............................

Yes I know what your all saying about the pressure that the bus drivers are under, but this time we have to think of the safety of our children. Drivers who are stressed should have 'time out' or try some relaxation techneques to get them through, and no, I'm not being smart about it either. :)

I hope you are also naming and shaming the parents whose children were misbehaving on the bus[}:)] Shunning them perhaps, until they teach, and enforce, good behavior/consideration for others etc to their children when out in public? After all your bus driver behaved badly and you are perfectly willing for him to be publicly humiliated and sacked[}:)] I hope that you are also demanding of the schools involved, that the misbehaving kids be permantly removed from the bus system!.... and no, I'm not being smart about it either!

This incident didn't happen in isolation.
There are fewer and fewer people willing to drive school buses :( Why do you think there are permanent 'situation vacant' painted on them?

Strange how much you've got to know, Before you know how little you know.

More
13 years 6 months ago #344355 by drifter
Replied by drifter on topic Crazy Bus Driver
Just to be clear: I don't condone the Bus Driver's actions.

I'm curious though: How many of you know your kid's school bus driver's name? Know how to contact them if necessary? Do you know the parents of the other kids on the run?

When we lived really really rural the school bus was a joint effort. We had no paid driver, instead every parent took a turn. The kids behaved :) because the parents all knew each other and were a)quite willing to discipline all the kids and b) would tell the other parents if 'a' didn't work satisfactorily.

Then we moved into a different area. After my kids first shell-shocked experience on the bus, a new system supporting the bus driver was put in place :D After all, we trusted him to drive our kids twice a day. The least we could do as parents was ensure that all the kids behaved. This involved four schools and hundreds of parents over a fifteen year period. It can be done[8D]

Strange how much you've got to know, Before you know how little you know.

More
13 years 6 months ago #344369 by smurfette
two wrongs don't make a right and yes, those children were delt with.

I see now why some people don't put threads on here anymore :(
Didn't expect to get such a bollocking about it tho. :(

More
13 years 6 months ago #344394 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Crazy Bus Driver
Dont take it to heart please but I think you did right the driver did some thing wrong and needs to know as children could have been hurt, but you have made sure the children have been dealt with also so great outcome. Our daughter went to a school that we had the bus for and I drove it and some "little darlings" played up but I could tell the parents that they would have to take them themselves unless they sorted them out. But I know how it feels to the driver and if you feel powerless this is what happens. Maybe things can be put in place on both sides to stop it happening again.

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
13 years 6 months ago #344399 by dubdub
Replied by dubdub on topic Crazy Bus Driver

smurfette;333265 wrote: two wrongs don't make a right and yes, those children were delt with.

I see now why some people don't put threads on here anymore :(

Perhaps you shuld have posted the thread as 'Crazy stock truck driver' You'd have got a whole set of different views on that! Namely on how disgusting some people treat animals![xx(]

More
13 years 6 months ago #344413 by highgirl
Replied by highgirl on topic Crazy Bus Driver

smurfette;333265 wrote: I see now why some people don't put threads on here anymore :(

I don't think anyone is giving you a bollocking as such smurfette...just pointing out that the parents have to take some responsibility for the behavior of the children as well. Children often paint a beautiful picture of what they want you believe, they can be great artists [;)]

Living rurally, children should respect the fact that there are others out there willing to take them to school...there grandparents would no doubt tell them that in their day they had to walk to school in the snow with barefeet :D

I'm in no way condoning what the bus driver did either, but you said yourself you considered driving a bus, but thought better of it...this poor bus driver is may have thought better of it to if he knew what he would be up against.

Stress leave for him is probably a very good idea....and so are seatbelts for buses. Although if all children were sitting properly on the seats, the effect of a sudden stop would be lessened.

I am speaking as a mum, who has children aged 8 and 13 that travel on rural buses to school, so can see both sides of the story.

More
13 years 5 months ago #346746 by smurfette
All has ended well.
We met the bus driver and he appologied to us and we discussed our concerns in a friendly manner. He said that what he'd like to see happen is that the bus regulation should be that the buses should all have seatbelts, if not at least in the first 4 rows and also responsible bus monitors. He will discuss this with his supervisor and we said we would back him.
He also said that he dosen't like to talk to the kids when he's driving, as he didn't want that to distract him, which we thought was quite sad but could see his point.
He is a very friendly man and would be highly respected by the kids (as he is a Maori elder and the majority of the kids are Maori, well, you would like to think they would respect him ) if only he could get to know them better and vise versa.(you know, like the 'old days')
It was a good turn out in the end.:)

More
13 years 5 months ago #347050 by highgirl
Replied by highgirl on topic Crazy Bus Driver
Thats good to hear :D I think they should definitely have seat belts in the buses.

When you say about "responsible bus monitors", do they have bus monitors at all, or are the ones they have just not very responsible? I know our school buses do have them, but I'm not sure what they actually achieve :confused: My son was having trouble on the bus from another boy and in the end, the other boy even put his tie round my sons neck (the other boy was sitting in the seat behind). I ended up complaining after that incident because according to another child on the bus he was actually turning very red and about to pass out. [:0] Anyway, my point is, that the bus monitors sitting down the back of the bus weren't even aware of it happening [}:)]

More
13 years 5 months ago #347818 by smurfette
OMG, I bet that was scary for him??
It's shocking what some of the little beggers get up to on the busses..
Our kids were getting their name put down for doing nothing one time.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds