Best Bowl Lid for Microwave Cooking

More
11 years 10 months ago #24319 by Toast
I've made a batch of marmalade in the microwave but want something better & bigger than a plastic bowl with a plate on top.

What do you suggest?

I've seen the modern version of the old fashioned kitchen bowls with the yellow coloured trim. What to use for a lid?

Thanks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #343822 by blimeyvicki
What about Pyrex, it's a fantastic product and some of those bowls come with tupperware style lids.

More
11 years 10 months ago #343840 by Organix
Heating foods in plastic containers in microwaves ??? Good way to release plasticisers (which are oestrogen mimicing compounds) into your food, and increasingly not recommended [xx(]

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
11 years 10 months ago #343860 by Toast
That's why I asked the question.

Pyrex - Would they come big enough though? I've never seen anything big enough to make marmalade but then, I'm not out there looking every day.

Why do I suddenly have to log on to reply on this site & where has the quick reply option gone?

More
11 years 10 months ago #343866 by kate

Toast;332686 wrote: Why do I suddenly have to log on to reply on this site & where has the quick reply option gone?

The quick reply option is only there if you're logged on. I upgraded the forum software yesterday and that seems to have meant that people have to log on again. It shouldn't keep happening though so let me know if it does[B)]

Web Goddess

More
11 years 10 months ago #343869 by beedee
I forgot to save myself so had to log in several times before I learnt... there are some large pyrex dishes sometimes in the red shed or try the briscoe /bunning type shop.. as for lids I bought some silastic ones at fieldays and they are fantastic.. shared the pack of 5 with my sister so we both landed up with small med and large, can be used on frying pans etc to stop splatter.. the email is cm marketing dot co dot nz called ezi seal lids range from 10cm -35cm... if you are desperate and cant wait til next June when the price was very right.

More
11 years 10 months ago #343911 by Toast
Thanks. Will try the Red Shed for larger Pyrex but suspect they won't be big enough.

Probably have to bite the bullet & go to a kitchen shop. Will look out for silastic covers too. That would be great. I was really pleased with the marmalade I made in the microwave last night but don't need that volume of sticky mess to clean up.

Yes, Kate, I realised a bit later & logged in top right & ticked the keep me logged in box. Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds