Cat found in Aka Aka Franklin

More
11 years 10 months ago #24242 by Ghilly
Some friends of ours have found a gorgeous very very hungry cat in their shed. She's obviously been well cared for and has had, in the past, an operation... I don't know what for they just said she's got a scar.

They are going all out to find her owners who must be missing her.

They can't take her on, they already have five cats and a dog.

Here is a photo of her listed in the Found section of TM, if you know anyone in the area or areas who has lost their cat...... well it's a long shot but you never know, someone may know someone who knows someone etc

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pets-animals/Lost-found/Cats/auction-312877072.htm

Thanks,
Yakut

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #343043 by Red Bandit
I almost definitley read an ad today for a lost cat who was recovering from an op in the local waiuku paper, and do you think I can find that paper?? Maybe your friends will have a copy, I think its in the Waiuku Post. I hope its the same cat, I do love happy endings!

More
11 years 10 months ago #343080 by Ghilly
Thanks RB I'll pass it on! I'll keep you posted on how things are going. I know that they have put a found ad in the local papers so if it's the same one, maybe she will finally get to go home. She was very thin when they found her in what they call 'the man shed' LOL but she is being well cared for until her owners can be found.

Yakut

More
11 years 10 months ago #343105 by kiwi_jon
Female Cat
Arrowville Rd
Aka Aka
Has had recent operation on right back leg
Very friendly and talkative
Phone 027 37 555 66

Attached files
File Attachment:

More
11 years 10 months ago #343109 by Red Bandit
Oh bugga just realised I had seen their advert for found cat, not lost cat as first thought[:I]. But just an idea, when I lived in Aka aka and our dog went missing we phoned the local school and they put a notice in their newsletter, that same day someone phoned with his whereabouts. If it is recovering from an op I'm sure the owners will be keen to find him.

More
11 years 10 months ago #343156 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Cat found in Aka Aka Franklin
Whoever found her must be lovely people. She is advertised in the Post today under the Found column with a photo.

More
11 years 10 months ago #343180 by Ghilly
Yes, they are real animal lovers. I went into Pukekohe pet store and mentioned it to them, the womans eyes lit up and she handed me a piece of paper with a name and phone number on it to hand on to these friends of ours. I copied out the name and phone number and then thought it was odd that the name of the owner was the same name as our friend. I mentioned this and she said she didn't talk to the woman but went out the back to talk to her workmate who had taken the particulars. It was a found cat not a lost cat and it was our friend who had left the message... just when I thought I was onto something. I then noticed a poster on the wall of the counter, looked a bit like the cat and it had had an operation.... the woman phoned the number.... their cat had returned so it wasn't the moggy our friends are looking after.

The injury this cat has had is on the right back leg, the cat is very friendly and talkative. Our friends have done the rounds and have put found ads in the local papers including a photo of Puss. She is a very well looked after cat so someone MUST be missing her. Who knows how far she has traveled!

One cat I knew of in Chch left her new home in Belfast and traveled back to her old home in Papanui.... a long way and over busy roads but she got there and all in one piece.

I mention letting the local schools know.

Yakut

More
11 years 10 months ago #343181 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Cat found in Aka Aka Franklin
If she's been operated on then why not phone all the vets in the area?...someone might recognise the description of cat and/or wound.

Web Goddess

More
11 years 10 months ago #343221 by Ghilly
They've phoned around the vets in the area. There is no telling which vet the cat had seen though, if the owners were new to the area the cat could have seen a vet in another area completely. It may well have decided it didn't like it's new home and was trying to find it's old home.... wherever that may be. None of the vets recognised the description.

The girls at Poco Loco found a Lab wandering about near the Gun Club in Pukekohe and picked it up so it didn't get run over. We happened to call into the cafe and they were busy prepping for that evening so offered to take the dog to the vets to see if it had a microchip or if the vets recognised it. It looked like it had had a minor operation on it's eye. The vet nurse checked it for a chip and found nothing. We were about to leave and one of the vets came out of one of the consulting rooms. He saw the dog and we mentioned it had been picked up off the road, he had another look at it, had a look at the eye and said he knew the dog. He checked again for a chip and after waving the wand thing all over the place, it finally showed a chip in it's lower front leg, the ruddy thing had traveled!

They phoned the owner and kept the dog until the owner could pick it up.

One good reason to get your pet microchipped, cats included. If this puss had a chip it could be returned or at least it's owners could be tracked down.

I know how I felt when Nako went missing for 24 hours, sick with worry, he wasn't well and I was terrified he'd gone off to die somewhere. This cat, obviously well cared for must be missed and I'd hate to think what it's family is going through.

Yakut

More
11 years 10 months ago #343223 by Nora
Replied by Nora on topic Cat found in Aka Aka Franklin
Is this it? Maybe a bit fat, but markings look the same.

http://www.petsonthenet.co.nz/ads/index.php?a=2&b=40843

There are some on that site with no photos too, like
http://www.petsonthenet.co.nz/ads/index.php?a=2&b=39952

More
11 years 10 months ago #343233 by Ghilly
No, this one has a lot more white on her and I'm pretty sure she's a she. Thanks though.
Yep, just double checked she's a she. It's so sad when you see someones loved pet in the lost ads.
The is a missing dog around here somewhere called Floyd, the posters have been up for a couple of weeks at least, plus someone looking for a part or maybe full draught horse stolen from Kaitia.

A lucky find was a wee dog called Mimi whose elderly 'Mum' had a car accident and Mimi fled. Her Mum stayed at the Pokeno Motel for a couple of nights looking for her and finally she was found by a member of the public. Mimi's mum lived in Western Springs and some kind couple contacted her and asked if she had any transport to get to Pokeno, she didn't so they went and picked her up to be reunited with Mimi, then they took them home again.

Yakut

More
11 years 9 months ago #343511 by Stikkibeek

Yakut;331900 wrote:
A lucky find was a wee dog called Mimi whose elderly 'Mum' had a car accident and Mimi fled. Her Mum stayed at the Pokeno Motel for a couple of nights looking for her and finally she was found by a member of the public. Mimi's mum lived in Western Springs and some kind couple contacted her and asked if she had any transport to get to Pokeno, she didn't so they went and picked her up to be reunited with Mimi, then they took them home again.

Yakut

That's a lovely gesture. :)

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds