DVD Questions...

More
14 years 6 months ago #2411 by ccrk9
DVD Questions... was created by ccrk9
Ok my family had moved with the times - my Mum got a DVD player a few weeks back and as I was staying with her we enjoyed some movies ans so she bought me a DVD player for Christmas...

Problem - I bought her a DVD for Christmas of an old musical she loves - I tried it out in my player last night and the DVD sort of stops then starts. I have tried various settings on my player and all the other DVDs I have are fine - its just this one, even the music on it sounds stuttery - is it the DVD its self or is it some setting thing I havent picked up on ???

Also who does everyone use for DVD hire if you cant get into town ? are places that you subscribe to like Fatso and have DVDs posted out worth it?

The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable
living from a small piece of land. ~ Abraham Lincoln ~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #72483 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic DVD Questions...
This problem is caused by a naff DVD which is either faulty or not compatible with your player. You get that sometimes [xx(]

Did you try playing it in your computer as an alternative [?]

Sometimes the DVD drives in PCs are more tolerant of damaged DVDs because they have better error-correction software.

DVD Unlimited is another DVD hire company worth considering:

http://www.dvdunlimited.co.nz/homepage/index.php

More
14 years 6 months ago #72509 by ccrk9
Replied by ccrk9 on topic DVD Questions...
Thanks GrantK, I bit the bullet and rang the shop I bought the DVD from (a bit of cringe at a toll call:() and they said it was probably the DVD and to return it - they have a replacement in stock so I guess I will return it Boxing Day when I am down in the city with family - bit of a pest as its a present but thats what happens sometimes.

I have looked at Fatso & DVD Unlimited but even at their cheapest monthly fee I think they are way to expensive for the number of movies I am likely to hire, although I might try a free trial period from them in Winter[}:)] when we are more likely to be stuck inside.

The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable
living from a small piece of land. ~ Abraham Lincoln ~

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds