Dog eating question...

More
12 years 1 week ago #339116 by tonic
Replied by tonic on topic Dog eating question...
and with some 'slow eaters' if you watch them you can see that they are eating a bit then watching everyone then eating. making sure everyone knows who has the food and who has control of it... food plays an important role in dog pack interactions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #339121 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Dog eating question...
:) Tonic ... thats why my 2 Akita's let me live here :) ..lol cause i can open the dog food fridge and they cant :)
Sometimes i am even allowed more than 4 inches on the edge of THEIR bed lol :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
12 years 1 week ago #339123 by tonic

Stu_R;327103 wrote: :) Tonic ... thats why my 2 Akita's let me live here :) ..lol cause i can open the dog food fridge and they cant :)
Sometimes i am even allowed more than 4 inches on the edge of THEIR bed lol :)

what generous souls they are! :D

More
12 years 1 week ago #339314 by ame
Replied by ame on topic Dog eating question...
Yes, I have eaten dog. It was delicious. What did you want to know?

A

More
12 years 1 week ago #339327 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Dog eating question...
:) tonic ... lol i think its cause they know if i arent allowed in my ( THEIR in their minds) bed , they dont get the fridge openned :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
12 years 1 week ago #339333 by tonic
probably!

More
12 years 1 week ago #339346 by goatmama
Replied by goatmama on topic Dog eating question...
I think it may also be a gender thing. I have noticed that most of the hoover dogs are male. Our dog is an absolute bully and a thug when it comes to food. Even the hens get a warning and the rooster has been all but bailed up over the chickens food. Our bitch is a very delicate eater but scoffs her food toot sweet when the dog is near.

10 acres in sunny Southland. Husband and 3 boys. 17 Wilties, "Clucky quarters" 2 doz + chooks, rouen clair ducks, Coffee our Irish Terrier and Kaz and Mooch our wee Kitty's. Our Big White Shepherd, Nena. Bennie and Mo the moos
Prov 27:27

More
12 years 1 week ago #339471 by PeterNZ
Replied by PeterNZ on topic Dog eating question...

powerguy;326999 wrote: Could be a competition thing when they were reared. With others you need to finish your chow quickly or the biggest of the others will finish it for you! On your own you can take your time.

Kaybe, if I remember correctly there is a gentleman (?) somewhere in Sth Auckland that could assist you.........[}:)]

That's what we had as well. Coco our kelpie was very relaxed with her food and took her time. When Molly our nutty BC moved in Coco needed to get the food down as quick as possible. Gone were the days where she could enjoy her dinner. ;)

Cheers

Peter

Everything you need to make your own cheese at home
www.CottageCrafts.co.nz
[:D]LSB Members will get first order (over $10) shipping cost free. Just mention your LSB user name! [:D]

My private blog (Caution! Contains opinions and thoughts which may offend some viewers.)

Change the World! One Meal...

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds