Accountants programmes!!

More
11 years 11 months ago #23797 by RaeM
I needed another farm programme, as Cash manger will be going to a new system, once the new GST comes in, which involves paying a lease of $400 + GST a year, and for a smaller block holder that does not compute when you are not earning huge money, so asked my accountant, and he recommended this. Go to www.acclaim.co.nz , and download Cashbook, there is three parts to that programme, 1 which is free and does not do GST, and is useful for clubs, and household accounts. 2. which has a small cost, and does GST, but not invoices, and statements for accounts payments, and 3 which has the full wizzbang, and does everything, I was concerned about what to use, and on the accountants reccommendation have taken on the full wizzbang, and buying through him its only going to cost me $160 that is a final cost, and you get free updates, and three free enquiries to them. You also get three months use before you need to register the programme, and I am really pleased with its friendly usage. Also with Cashmanager, I could only download into A:/ so I had had to buy an external A Drive, now with the new programme, I can download to a pendrive, and will make it far easier to take the books to the accountant. So have a go, its really friendly to use, and my accountant swears by it for most folks to use. I can give you the accountants name if you are interested in buying it, and he will registrar it for you. Hope you all have fun!

RaeM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #338201 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic Accountants programmes!!
Hadn't thought about that implication - shall check with my accountant and see what the story is.

More
11 years 11 months ago #338203 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Accountants programmes!!
I love xero - it's got everything I need :D

Web Goddess

More
11 years 11 months ago #338223 by Phaedrus
Replied by Phaedrus on topic Accountants programmes!!
And for a completely free, cross-platform, solution:

www.gnucash.org/

P.

More
11 years 11 months ago #338229 by Ronney
Replied by Ronney on topic Accountants programmes!!
Rae are you using Cashmanager Rural or Accomplish?

I use Accomplish and have just spoken to my accountant about your post. She is unaware of anything of that nature but Rural comes with a $500.00 annual subscription (or something). The only problem she says is going to have to be ironed out is whether Cashmanager will be able to support having two GST rates in it for a short time - and I can see that becoming a balls up as the changeover goes through.

Also I can save Cashmanager to a floppy, dvd or pendrive.

Cheers,
Ronnie

More
11 years 11 months ago #338234 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic Accountants programmes!!
Checked with my accountant and got a "they are working on it at present" comment from him. I just email my cash manager file to my accountant. Saves heaps of time and costs being able to do so. I guess I shall have to go with whatever he suggests as it has worked well over the past few years. No doubt there will be a cost with it. I am sure he will let me know as soon as he knows what is happening.

More
11 years 11 months ago #338242 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Accountants programmes!!

Kate;326042 wrote: I love xero - it's got everything I need :D

It is highly recommended by many, but too expensive for some small businesses at ~$590/year.

More
11 years 11 months ago #338265 by RaeM
Replied by RaeM on topic Accountants programmes!!
I have Cash manager 5.5 which probably coame out of the ark, as I have had it so long, but every year its done the job, and I have been able to download to A Drive, which the accountant has been able to use, and as we are only on 6 monthly GST, its not been a worry, but I was dumbfounded by the attitude of the Cashmanager folks when I spoke to them by phone and at the fieldays, and was basically told that they are no longer interested in the little guys, who only want to pay one amount of money for a programme, and therefore it would be better for me to either pay up their $400 + GST per year or find another programme, which I have done! We had over 2000 sheep and 400 cattle on our big farm, now we have 50 cattle and about 23 sheep, we dont need the Cashmanager bells and whistles, but we still need to sort out GST, and keep good books for the accountant.

RaeM

More
11 years 11 months ago #338274 by grannie Mary
Rae, I have used Cashbook for 5 years & I think its great, Does everything I have needed & so easy to understand. Makes sending out accounts & statements so easy, 1 click & they've gone---great !!!! End of year is all there with just a couple of clicks too. Only problem I have had is when I've tried to do it my way-- yea

Mary

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its trouble,
It empties today of its strength."

More
11 years 11 months ago #338309 by 3 horses
Replied by 3 horses on topic Accountants programmes!!
I find Cashbook fantastic and user friendly aswell.

More
11 years 11 months ago #338393 by RaeM
Replied by RaeM on topic Accountants programmes!!
Thanks for that support Granny Mary, and 3 Horses. I have been impressed with what I have done on that programme so far, and my accountant is pushing its use as well, so its all good.

RaeM

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds