How much is gib board please?

More
14 years 6 months ago #2369 by reggit
Found a strange figure in my house calculations that I have pulled out of nowhere...so can someone please give me a ballpark figure for 2.4m x 1.2m sheets of standard gib...

Hubby is not in handy contact to ask!

:D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #71849 by ronnie
Ring Placemakers or whoever is your local DIY shop and ask them.

cheers
Jan

More
14 years 6 months ago #71853 by reggit
Aha, here is the problemo, just need a figure to work with tonight, and noone is open! [:I] I am counting on someone having done some renovations recently and having an idea per sheet.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 6 months ago #71863 by phill-k
Last time I bought some sheets it was about $15.25 a sheet but I think its gone up since then. (8/07) When you get to doing the building make as bigger list of materials as you can, then fax it to all the major suppliers you can deal with, even though I have access to a couple of builders a/cs at two of the bigger suppliers up here, we often get a marginally better deal asking for a quote than just fronting up.

Phill & Sheryl
northland

More
14 years 6 months ago #71865 by reggit
Thanks phill-k, yes, will be doing that [:I]. Well, a version of that - the plans will go to one or two suppliers (including hubby's regular ones) for full quotes for materials (minus windows and all subbies materials eg electrician, plumber, roofer etc). That way they can work out the quantities too.

Most houselots for Joe Bloggs now get equivalent discounts to what builders in trade do...

More
14 years 6 months ago #71872 by Pumpkingirl
Bugger, Tigs, I can't find my receipts:( I think they're in my house bag.. which is at the house:(:(

Gib varies quite greatly in price, depending on what it is. The green aqualine and the blue bracing gib are more, and obviously if you go for bigger sheets, you pay more for those too. However, you'll save on plastering costs if you use the bigger sheets, lots of long lines to plaster instead of heaps of little ones means it takes much less time and it's easier to tape etc.

However, I can't remember for the life of me how much the damn stuff was per sheet.

More
14 years 6 months ago #71875 by The Kats Place
PG will you be in your house by christmas?

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 6 months ago #71878 by gemini kiwi
Just asked my other half he says bout $25 a sheet, that's 2.4 metres long.
Tess

More
14 years 6 months ago #71880 by Pumpkingirl
Hi Kats, sadly no - almost but not quite.

We have to do the concreting of the side and front porches and then spread out the topsoil (a couple of weekends there), plus a few small electrical and plumbing bits to do (which should be done this week).

Then everyone (cousin the plumber, uncle the electrician, father the dogsbody) are all going on holiday for the week of Christmas, leaving me to house-sit their houses, take care of their dogs and cats, and generally try to feebly repay them for everything they've done for me.

COC has to be signed by Jan 25th, I think we'll be done by Jan 7th, so will get COC that week (all fingers crossed!) and be in.

Tigs has all this to look forward to... not!!

More
14 years 6 months ago #71882 by reggit
At least we got our COC for the shed! :D One thing finally signed off, only took us 14 months to finish it (well, it still hasn't got the front spouting on [:I])

More
14 years 6 months ago #71903 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic How much is gib board please?
Well this isn't so going to be helpful for the immediate calculations, but when we were pricing the timber weatherboard we telephoned benchmark in Pukekohe who gave us a price per lineal metre and then asked how much we wanted.

To which they were told a house lot....

Their next price was less than half of the first figure again... so do bargain hard Tigger, as I know you shall!

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds