Avast! information please.

More
11 years 11 months ago #23669 by ronnie
Ok, I decided to run the Avast! scanner this morning. Started OK, then just seemed to jam up. Found a few nasties before the jamming happened, which I sent to the chest as per their recommendation. In the end, I gave up and cancelled the rest of the scan. I then downloaded another anti everything programme and ran that. It took about 90 minutes to run and only found one thing, which I deleted. It is only a feee 15 day trial period then has to be paid for.

Anyone have any insight to this avast stuff as to why it just stopped part way thru a scan??? I seem to recall last time I tried to run the scan, it would not let me put nasties into the chest.

I suspect I need another good antivirus programme. Any one have a good free one they can recommend??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #336962 by optrex
Replied by optrex on topic Avast! information please.
You know you are going to get a long list of useful programs here and everyone will have an opinion on why to use their suggestion and not the suggestion of the one made by member x.

Use one, stick to it and if you change it make sure you remove it fully. A lot of the free ones can leave legacy registry keys behind that play havoc with anything installed subsequently. Don't install more than one product at a time.

My suggestion would be free AVG free.avg.com/au-en/homepage

NZ Weather Forum
NZ Beekeepers Forum

More
11 years 11 months ago #336971 by Stikkibeek
I used AVG in conjunction with Spybot for a long time with no problems. After we had an almost fatal virus strike at work with the Government funded CA., I got such a fright (coz I take work home) that I switched to Nod32. Ok, you have to pay for Nod32, but it is quite cheap by comparison to Norton and other well known brands, but doesn't hog huge amounts of space as they do. My system is running much better now, than it did.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds