Anybody seen this before?

More
11 years 11 months ago #23588 by Stikkibeek
Came across a post on the net about a 3 to 4 months old .... (Muscovy + Rouen X Breed) duck that was butchered and it had these lesions on the liver.
Anybody ever seen anything like this before? The duckling was in Hawaii.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #335924 by Pumpkingirl
No, I haven't, but I do vaguely remember reading about the poultry disease Blackhead, which apparently leaves yellow-looking ulcers on the liver.

However, do ducks get blackhead? I don't know? And are those ulcers? Or something else? Simkin or Kiwi303 would probably know.

More
11 years 11 months ago #335937 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Anybody seen this before?
sorry, no idea. doesn't look like cocc, which is many smaller grey-white lesions.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
11 years 11 months ago #335944 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic Anybody seen this before?
Do you have plans to eat duck in Hawaii? We've been eating a lovely Hawaiian chicken dish using turkey instead, which is, I think, an improvement, but they're all grown here. [;)]

More
11 years 11 months ago #335950 by Stikkibeek

Isla;323338 wrote: Do you have plans to eat duck in Hawaii? We've been eating a lovely Hawaiian chicken dish using turkey instead, which is, I think, an improvement, but they're all grown here. [;)]

Not if their livers look like that! Mind you according to the blurb posted with the pic, the owner wasn't going to eat it either.

So, Isla, if you ate Hawaiian chicken, that wasn't chicken but turkey in a dish made up north, but not in Hawaii, then was it really Hawaiian chicken, or NZ chicken that wasn't, but Turkey, that isn't,.....The brain could very well overload trying to work this out! or.....[}:)][}:)] Was it that other Hawaiian turkey, Tom Selleck? I could eat him any time. He's yummy!.........

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
11 years 11 months ago #335961 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic Anybody seen this before?
It was delicious and had far less bristles than Tom Sellick, I'm very pleased to report! :D

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds