Home Made non-toxic Household Cleaners

More
11 years 11 months ago #23585 by Kay-Line
Does anyone make their own household cleaners? If so, are they just ok or are they VERY effective? Do you have the recipes?

I'm looking for something to clean the kitchen benches, cook tops, sinks etc and for the bathroom; basins, toilets, showers & baths (showers have tiles with coloured grout and the bath is the new acrylic type material.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #335890 by jeannielea
Baking soda and white vinegar are old and tried methods for that sort of cleaning. Usually mixed to a paste but google 'homemade cleaners' or even just 'uses for B.Soda' and you will find help

More
11 years 11 months ago #335899 by blimeyvicki
I very rarely use anything but baking soda, white vinegar or water. 50/50 vinegar and water for bench tops etc or for soap scum in the shower I make a paste of water and baking soda and use a scrubbing brush, For the toilet use vinegar and baking soda, let it fizz for a bit and then give it a scrub. I make my own dishwashing powder as well (for the dishwasher) which works pretty well too. It has baking soda, borax, salt, essential oil and citrc acid in it. I am about to make soap for the washing machine. And then after that I want to make liquid soap :) I really enjoy making my own stuff and also knowing what is in it !

More
11 years 11 months ago #335900 by JustHoldingOn
I use the recipes from this website: http://www.wendylsgreengoddess.co.nz/ They are excellent!

More
11 years 11 months ago #335921 by witheze
http://www.harpercollins.com.au/books/kids-can-clean/?isbn=9780733324130

I heard the writer of the above book (Shannon Lush) on the radio one night, she only cleans with natural products......and her kids are brought up to clean up after themselves too. Keep meaning to buy it.
Wendyl Nissen the "Green Goddess" is a well known journalist and media person (and chook fancier,) writes in the Sunday Herald )

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds