Can anyone recommend a decent torch?

More
11 years 6 months ago #365241 by Stikkibeek
We use a Maglight. Just a standard normal torch, a little more expensive than some, but still good value for money and a good weapon to have in your hand if you are out and about and get into any unwelcome situations with other people.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #365251 by clarry

Stikkibeek;356392 wrote: a good weapon to have in your hand if you are out and about and get into any unwelcome situations with other people.


LOL.... used to have a maglite that took 7 C cell batts. Looked like half a broomstick.

Now would not be without a highlite. Current 1 takes 4AAA has spot an flood lense. Has single LED

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #365273 by Ruth

Stikkibeek;356392 wrote: We use a Maglight. Just a standard normal torch, a little more expensive than some, but still good value for money and a good weapon to have in your hand if you are out and about and get into any unwelcome situations with other people.

I tried to belt a possum with my maglite one night. Dumb idea of course: couldn't see the possum if I was trying to hit it with the torch! I probably paid the same money for my maglite, in relative terms, as I have for my latest torch. The Maglite eats non-rechargeable batteries and produces far less light. I don't use it any more. Maybe I could carry it as a possum thumper!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #365276 by Stikkibeek

Ruth;356430 wrote: I tried to belt a possum with my maglite one night. Dumb idea of course: couldn't see the possum if I was trying to hit it with the torch! I probably paid the same money for my maglite, in relative terms, as I have for my latest torch. The Maglite eats non-rechargeable batteries and produces far less light. I don't use it any more. Maybe I could carry it as a possum thumper!

Well I suppose the battery use is directly related to the torch use, but our Maglight has had its 4 D cell batteries in it for about 2 years and it's still going strong.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #365305 by Yo Man
If you want to upgrade your maglite with whiter, brighter light, then these are really good. Done it to mine.
ledbulbs.co.nz/ministar5-tle6-led-upgrad...a60e56be3338ce3f4f6c

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds