Do your animals like what you wear?

More
13 years 11 months ago #335743 by kate

tigger;323102 wrote: Good for identification purposes if someone starts nicking them and tries to use them on other horses though! I know when we were kids this was rife, so we used to have to paint the name of the horse on the one-option-only canvas covers to identify them [:(!]

I suppose also if you buy the ugliest one NO-ONE will want to nick it!

I hadn't thought of that...I still think they look silly though [}:)]

Beltie;323111 wrote: Wouldn't worry me, they al end up mud coloured anyway:(

That is sooooo true [B)][B)]

Web Goddess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #335748 by jen
My arapawa sheep liked me best in my big brown wool jersey. Funny that ;)

jen (returned to townie life)
community.webshots.com/user/j_nepton

More
13 years 11 months ago #335800 by ccrk9
when I was in my teens I had a horrible bright yellow nylon quilted jacket (as did everyone in those days..) and my friends horse always ended up giving me a nip on the arm when I had it on....at first it started out as a gentle nibble but went on to pretty good nips - I couldnt wear it at all around him - he even preferred to eat me than eat from his food bucket!

The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable
living from a small piece of land. ~ Abraham Lincoln ~

More
13 years 11 months ago #335831 by feedqueen
If my dogs dare wear their blue coats outside in the paddock the horses have a complete nervous breakdown and the cows damm near faint.Learnt that lesson in a hurry. As long as I am wearing a bucket or two it doesnt matter what garb I have on and some days it is pretty strange to say the least.

More
13 years 11 months ago #335839 by Ronney
My cows become very suspicious if I'm not wearing blue overalls and think hard even after I've spoken. Golf umbrellas don't faze them at all and Hine, not being too stupid, has learnt that if she walks really close to me, she doesn't get her head wet. :D

Pippy (dog) nips my backside if I'm not wearing appropriate farm gear and gets a kick for her troubles. She will do it to strangers too and I've yet to work this one out as it's not a bite and it's not aggressive.

Cheers,
Ronnie

More
13 years 11 months ago #336121 by the j.rose kid
my sisters old pony would freak out if nany of us wore hats but he was fine with helmets, whats up with that?

Neverathomestayathomemum's daughter!
Rider of Cozzie the pony .Owner of Pinky the sheep.[:D]
13 yrs of age.[:p]

More
13 years 11 months ago #336153 by DiDi
I also have horses that could not care what I am wearing as long as I have hay or their plastic bag of feed. They don't even care if the dogs wearing their fluro coloured raincoats are running at a million miles an hour around their paddock - as long as I have hay and the plastic bags.

Now the dogs are different. If I have my slippers on, they look like woebegone orphans but the minute I take my slippers off, put on socks, they are jumping in the air with excitment. Socks on means gumboots = outside in paddocks = fun and running at as million miles an hour. Yeah! Even the sheep, with reservations, have figured that these crazy dogs are not interested in them - just running and running and running.

More
13 years 11 months ago #336192 by Isla

tigger;323102 wrote: ...I suppose also if you buy the ugliest one NO-ONE will want to nick it!

I used to have a bedspread like that; called it my contraceptive duvet. :D [}:)]

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds