Do your animals like what you wear?

More
11 years 11 months ago #23567 by Stikkibeek
Well the chooks will never get used to my yellow plastic rain coat. It is so wet here this afternoon, that I went out to feed the girls and lock them in for the night, a bit earlier. They took one horrified look at me in yellow and scattered in different directions, hiding under the wet dripping trees. It took me 4 times longer to find and round them up and then get them to go in the coop than it usually does. They wouldn't even respond to my voice. A bit like the day I dug a long forgotten bright orange and brown shirt out of the back of the wardrobe, to wear for a 70's day at work. That day, they almost left home. Are they fashion conscious, or just plain daft? Usually when I go to feed them they are under my feet and in the way.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #335643 by Isla
My cows don't like red and blue together and they really don't like stripes of any colour.

More
11 years 11 months ago #335652 by Stu_R
:) my sheep and goats like me in Camo pants ( lol cause i always wear them when working at the grove) the goats didnt even recognise me the day i was tthere in jeans lol
The other weekend had wet weather gear ( blue coat and leggings) on .... they all looked side ways at me , untill i spoke ... lol then back to normal wanting Pats , scratches and treats lol

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
11 years 11 months ago #335659 by Valmai
I have a green plastic raincoat that squeaks. It doesn't matter what goodies I may have with me. They will not eat their hay etc until the green lurggie from the black lagoon has left the paddock.

Carbon-based biological unit.

More
11 years 11 months ago #335668 by Nora
I took an umbrella or two out to visit the horses with my brother who was visiting once. Needless to say this didn't go down well. My brother went away thinking the horses were unmanageable.

More
11 years 11 months ago #335674 by Pumpkingirl
When I was a teenager I used to collect eggs on my parent's farm. One day I had to go into the barn to check something, wearing a red shirt.

Several thousand hens turned and looked at me and went from busy clucking to dead silence. It felt like a horror movie, all these evil eyes staring at me, then they went berserk.

I got out of there fast, it was very freaky.

My horses dont' like yellow raincoats, and they don't seem to like the sound the water makes when it hits rainscoats. These days I dont' bother, I just get wet, saves on buying a raincoat and a hot shower afterwards is always nice. I am in the Waikato though, not that much chance of freezing to death fortunately.

More
11 years 11 months ago #335678 by The Kats Place
my pigs and goats don't like if I have perfume on, they won't come near me if I don't smell right.

Same PG, I very rearly bother with a coat in the rain, too hard to work with it on, just zip around the a nice hot shower

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
11 years 11 months ago #335685 by Ghilly
Phoebe the cat has decided she likes my triple fleece pants, so when I wear them I become her personal chair.... she seems to enjoy them more than other trousers I have. My wardrobe isn't very extensive... mostly green trousers and flannel shirts and a dark blue or a gray jersey. Spoook gave me a kind of cream coloured PVC jacket and I bought a pair of PVC leggings, the goats don't seem to mind at all, the chooks either.

Quiet a few years ago, I went to a dance where you had to dress up as your birth sign. I couldn't be bothered with the zodiac signs so I chose the Chinese year idea and spent the night before the dance, with friends, trying out makeup, I went as a Tiger. I had a suit with tails so I made a tigers tail and ears and got stuck into my stage makeup. It took several hours to get it sussed but it paid off. I managed to recreate the same thing the next night for the dance I won for best costume but when I got home, my darling cat Nako hissed at me. He didn't want anything to do with me. Even talking to him didn't help. He was not at all impressed just kept hissing and growling and backed away.

I wasn't wearing any sort of perfume or smelly stuff that he wasn't used to so it must have been the ears, tail and makeup.

Yakut

More
11 years 11 months ago #335698 by devan
My cats don't like it if i wear a cap, but once i talk to them they know its me. 1 of my horses hates it when i ride in a coat and it makes that rustling noise! He runs away from the scary noisy thing as fast as possible [:0] unfortunately it took me a while to figure out why he was being such a twat sometimes when i rode him :D

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

More
11 years 11 months ago #335699 by Jenny
My dog loves it when I put my runners on - means we go for a walk along the road. Something a bit more interesting than farm work :)

Interestingly whenever I visit the land we lease next door, if I wear my gumboots she always takes a short cut through the fence and meets me in the paddock but if I wear my runners she continues to walk with me along the road.:cool:

Jenny
Waikato

More
11 years 11 months ago #335701 by Indigo
I had a pair of bright orange crocs (long story) and everytime I fed the chooks, one of the silkie roosters would come flying out and attack my feet ....

More
11 years 11 months ago #335723 by reggit
They don't like my waterproofs! Think it is the swishy noise more than anything else...

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
11 years 11 months ago #335731 by kate
My waterproof overtrousers tend to worry the horses, again it's the noise they don't like. At least I assume it's the noise, they're dark green so shouldn't offend their sartorial senses [:I]

Slightly off topic here, we bought Robbie a new winter rug recently and the one we wanted was only available in a kind of lilac with pink checks. He's a chestnut gelding and I couldn't have lived with it, never mind him. Some horse rugs now are so loud and such bizarre colours and patterns...I think they would spook any animal... Dots, checks, zebra prints and fluorescent colours [:0][:0][:0]

Web Goddess

More
11 years 11 months ago #335734 by reggit

Kate;323099 wrote: Some horse rugs now are so loud and such bizarre colours and patterns...I think they would spook any animal... Dots, checks, zebra prints and fluorescent colours [:0][:0][:0]

Good for identification purposes if someone starts nicking them and tries to use them on other horses though! I know when we were kids this was rife, so we used to have to paint the name of the horse on the one-option-only canvas covers to identify them [:(!]

I suppose also if you buy the ugliest one NO-ONE will want to nick it!

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
11 years 11 months ago #335741 by Beltie

Kate;323099 wrote: Slightly off topic here, we bought Robbie a new winter rug recently and the one we wanted was only available in a kind of lilac with pink checks. He's a chestnut gelding and I couldn't have lived with it, never mind him. Some horse rugs now are so loud and such bizarre colours and patterns...I think they would spook any animal... Dots, checks, zebra prints and fluorescent colours [:0][:0][:0]

Wouldn't worry me, they al end up mud coloured anyway:(

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds