My dream home

More
12 years 6 days ago #23462 by beedee
My dream home was created by beedee
Well Kate, Grant etc.. here is the house that you need
menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/new...ubbie_house_decision

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 days ago #334319 by kate
Replied by kate on topic My dream home
I could never live underground, although the first place we ever bought was a basement flat in Hove. Nor could I ever live in Bolton [}:)][}:)]

Web Goddess

More
12 years 6 days ago #334321 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic My dream home
Thanks BD :)

It's certainly a novel concept, but you wouldn't get much of a view from any of the rooms ... unless you like lying on your back staring up at the sky :rolleyes:

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
12 years 6 days ago #334324 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic My dream home
There's always someone on a council who hasn't the vision to see a good idea. Didn't Michael Hill go through a lengthy RMP before getting approval to build his half bunker "homes' down near Queenstown? The beauty of underground living is the ambient temperature year round. Mind you $6 million is a hell of a lot to spend on a house, no matter how flash.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
12 years 6 days ago #334326 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic My dream home
Now that would be fine in the places where you move from upstairs Summer living with a yard to underground, as I saw in Toronto when I lived there, but just another reason to bolt back to NZ where your children can run around in bare feet (no snakes etc) and still get Vit D from the sun in Winter! Why on earth would anyone want to live under the earth?

More
12 years 6 days ago #334331 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic My dream home
Not quite my ideal home... I want a straw built Hobbit house... There are some great hillocks on the way to Rotorua, now if you could dig into one of those and build a straw house inside it with windows through the sides.... well I reckon you'd get light and if the windows were double glazed, it would be warm in winter, a little chimney poking out the top of the hillock.... YES!!!

I might even decide to paint the whirly thing on top of the chimney red with white spots!
The chimney would be fenced off of course so the goats could graze all over the house, no having to paint the roof or anything!

Yakut

More
12 years 6 days ago #334337 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic My dream home
Do you mean the heffalump plops on the mamaku?
I also have thought they would make great [ I thought womble] homes
No Grant I dont do well looking up at the sky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought you would get tunnel vision effect looking outwards with the Bolton home

More
12 years 6 days ago #334341 by nith
Replied by nith on topic My dream home
The heffalump plops on the Mamaku always looked like The Barrows' from The Hobbit ... specially in the mist ...

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds