DIY Website/Cow Calf Cover Sales

More
12 years 1 week ago #23432 by Toast
Can anybody point me in the direction of a good DIY website please?

I'm only looking for a site I can use for a short time over the winter months & it would really only be an on-line brochure that would be referred to in advertisements.

I have my own business and a website done by a professional company (see www.flowdesign.co.nz ) but it's not in line with the temporary sales I'm going to be doing - exclusive ladies' clothing vs cow & calf covers!

I have been offered the chance to retail cow & calf covers by a manufacturer & I thought this would be the way to go. I would do some adverts in farming publications and put fliers under windscreens at sales etc.

Can anybody help please?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #333922 by beedee
BB directed me to the webs.com which I am using, it has sales possible.

More
12 years 1 week ago #333932 by ame
You need two things:

1) A domain name
2) A hosting service

It's possible to get them separately or together, and sometimes for free.

The domain name is essentially the web address you will publish in your advertisements. This could be something you buy ( www.mybusiness.co.nz ) or something you set up for free somewhere.

The hosting service is where you actually have disk space to store the things that will be displayed on the site, i.e. the text and graphics etc.

Probably the cheapest way to do this (unless you can get a free domain, or tack onto someone else's, and free hosting) is kiwiwebhost.co.nz/ . It costs $40 + GST per year for the domain name, and they have a $1 per week hosting plan (you pay $52 per year). So the total is about $100 for the year.

Since you already have a website you may be able to host the domain there, i.e. two domains pointing to the same filestore, but the content of your second domain is held in a different directory on the server.

Search the web for 'free hosting' and see if you can find something that suits you.

A

More
12 years 1 week ago #333944 by Georgeboy
Trade Me would be a go, simple and effective for your maketing, comes up on Google search.

2x white Galloway steers, 6 Hens, 3 x Rhodesian Ridgebacks, 1x Boarder Collie and 2 x Cats.......500 Possums!:rolleyes:

More
12 years 1 week ago #333949 by blimeyvicki
Normally when you have a hosting package they give you X amount of free space where you can post a couple of web pages. Sounds like you are looking for just a couple of informational pages rather than a full e commerce website. What about one of the free blogging sites??? Maybe an option.

More
12 years 1 week ago #334041 by ronnie

Georgeboy;321086 wrote: Trade Me would be a go, simple and effective for your maketing, comes up on Google search.

I agree especially if it is only a seasonal thing. Adjust your pricing to include the fees and if you can, sign up for the Paynow facility. You could also adjust your pricing to include free delivery - always a big help [;)] Put several photos, lots of description and promptly answer any questions. Also pay the extra and use gallery to start with. If your trademe feedback numbers are a bit low, buy a few very cheap things to get your feedback numbers up a bit.

You can also try Sella - but I don't have much luck over there. No fees, but no customers either.

More
12 years 1 week ago #334042 by ronnie
P.s, I clicked on your website link above and it does not bring up any websites - just a "cannot find this website" type of message.

More
12 years 1 week ago #334059 by Pumpkingirl

ronnie;321192 wrote: P.s, I clicked on your website link above and it does not bring up any websites - just a "cannot find this website" type of message.

There's some kind of error with that link -if you actually type in www.flowdesign.co.nz a very pretty website comes up.

More
12 years 1 week ago #334073 by Kiwi303
Yep, PG's right, a hover over the link gives www.lifestyleblock.co.nz/vforum/www.flowdesign.co.nz as the destination in the status bar... should be a simple fix to change the link.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
12 years 1 week ago #334178 by Toast
How do I put the link on here. please? I've never been able to do it on here so I just did it in Word & cut/paste it onto here.

I'm probably not going to do the cow/calf cover idea. Need to devote time to the core business & not go off "fighting on more than one front" as Churchill would have said.

Thanks.

More
12 years 1 week ago #334181 by kate
To put a link on here then type in whatever you want people to click on 'click here' or 'my website' then select that text and click on the Insert link button. (It's the one that looks like a globe with a number 8 on it's side in front) Then copy and paste (or type) into the box that comes up your website address. It's a lot quicker to do than it is to explain :D :D

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
12 years 1 week ago #334185 by Toast
Here's my website address - thanks to Kate!

Much quicker than doing it via Word, which obviously didn't work properly!

Thanks again.

More
12 years 1 week ago #334187 by kate
That worked perfectly :D

Web Goddess

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds