Another birthday for Yakut

More
12 years 1 week ago #23388 by spoook
I would like to wish a big birthday greeting to Yakut, may today be a wonderful day and you keep writing your stories to entertain us.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #333373 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Another birthday for Yakut
Happy Birthday Yakut :)
Hope its a lovely day for you :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
12 years 1 week ago #333374 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Another birthday for Yakut
Happy birthday from me too Yakut. What a beautiful day for it. Hope you have your feet up in the sun and the woolly hat off.

More
12 years 1 week ago #333375 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Another birthday for Yakut
Happy birthday :D :D

Web Goddess

More
12 years 1 week ago #333381 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Another birthday for Yakut
HAPPY Bufday Yakut..
are you out of bed yet??/ the next frost is coming

More
12 years 1 week ago #333382 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Another birthday for Yakut
HAPPY BIRTHDAY YAKUT from all of us here too ....hope your day is the BESTEST EVER :):):)
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
12 years 1 week ago #333384 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Another birthday for Yakut
Many happy returns of the day!
[^]

More
12 years 1 week ago #333394 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic Another birthday for Yakut
As she has not yet surfaced, I hope that means Kim has taken her off somewhere special for the day/night.

Happy birthday from all of us too.

More
12 years 1 week ago #333538 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Another birthday for Yakut
Thanks everyone. We went to the Pokeno Country Cafe for a pie and flat white each, then went into Pukekohe and mooched about, Found a Harris Tweed coat that caught Kims eye in the hospice shop, we got a couple of pairs of thermal socks and two DVD's from the red shed. Oooh I was getting so pissed off trying to find one particular DVD. I'd seen 'The Colour Purple' in the cheapo bins many times but always passed over the opportunity to get it. This time I had a bee in me woolly hat and I HAD to have it. Couldn't find it. The wall of DVD's in there is not in any kind of order and the shelves are so high you can't read the titles or get at some of them any way.

I started at one end of the wall and worked my way along, found 'Purple Rain' but no 'The Colour Purple'. I did find, however a double bill DVD of Will Hay!!!! 'Good morning boys' and 'Hey Hey USA'.
Will Hay wrote radio plays as well and the one I used to be able to remember from beginning to end was 'Fourth Form at St Michaels'.

The lesson is Mountains in scripture.
One of the students has got the teacher totally confused and he answers what he thinks is the question 'what is a mountain?'

His answer .... "Well.... it's a piece of ground that stands up higher than the surrounding country... and it's elevated to that position, owing to the internal forces which errr.... shove it up!

In actual fact the question was a confusion between what is Arrowroot which had been confused with Mt Arrarat ......

His answer to what is Arrowroot was that it's like celery......

85 year old Harbottle is still in the 4th form and he's hardly taking any notice but perks up when he hears the word celery and agrees that it's like celery... the teachers asks him what is like celery and he answers Rhubarb and is told to go back to sleep.

The student wants to know who Noahs wife is and a huge discussion takes place before the teacher knows who the kid is referring to. He's pronounced it knor.......... when it's finally figured out, Harbottle wakes up again and says he knows who Noahs wife was, the teacher remarks that he should do seeing as he was in the ark with him. Harbottles answer is Joan of Arc.

During the Knor discussion, notes are taken by Harbottle who is told to put a semi colon.... "which fire?" he asks, hearing the request as 'put some coal on'. It's a gas fire......

I used to listen to it on the national programme and it had me rapt!

I guess you have to listen to the whole thing in context but it was so funny

With this unexpected find, I was slightly less ticked at not finding 'The Colour Purple' but was not ready to give in.. so I went to the counter.
American spelling was a hitch but the woman found a copy... it was under C in the stand alone shelves...... right at the front.. I could see it from the counter!!!!!!! Muttering under my breath about the alphabetical system not used on the wall shelves and how was anyone supposed to know where to look, I picked up the DVD walked off to look at clothes..... socks were on sale and I only had two decent pairs.

Kim got me a present of a pair of fleece track pants from RD1 last week and seeing as my parents had sent me some money it was really really nice to be able to get Kim something as well so we both got a new pair of socks each... Ooooooooh there is nothing quite like putting on a NEW pair of thick socks.... Luxury! Now, hopefully, her toes won't be as cold when she's working in the office and out fixing computers in cold sheds and houses.

I couldn't believe I'd found a Will Hay DVD!!! I mean, these two films came out the same year sound was first on films!!! 1930's.. early!!! YAY!!!!!

I can also get the ute registered and it's getting serviced next week.

Maybe the ruddy government needs to look at rural vehicles and the registration costs cos it's not like we can hop on a bus to get to the feed store! It used to cost $203 a year for the car and now with the diesel ute, it's $403... plus mileage, plus tax on diesel plus the ACC levies on insurance as well as the tax on diesel..... Why don't they just squeeze a bit harder and maybe I'll whistle Dixie for them while they bleed me dry several times over.

Yakut

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds