I hate change

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #23314 by celt
I hate change was created by celt
Standing at the kitchen sink this morning enjoying the sunshine and the view only to spy my neighbour walking down his field in the distance with three other people. Intrigued I squinted and thought I recognised one of them, got the binocs out and yes my suspicions were confirmed, real estate agents.:eek:

Now I know he is perfectly entitled to do whatever he wants with his land but god I hate the uncertainty that comes with your neighbour selling. Will I get a family with 3 teenagers who love trial bikes, will I get someone with a dog that never stops barking etc, etc.

Yes, it may not sell, yes the new people may be lovely but still I WORRY. I don't want my peaceful idyll ruined. What I absolutely love about where I live is the lack of noise, no traffic noise, no dogs barking just birds tweeting away and the occasional bleat or moo. Fingers crossed people.

1 kiwi husband, 14 year old boy girl twins. Gave up my beautiful 16 acres north of auckland for 1000m2 in central christchurch! Yikes. Plan to get as much produce out of that 1000m2 as possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #332535 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic I hate change
I wish you the nicest, quietest neighbours! We used to feel quite excited about the prospect of new neighbours, until we met the utterly mad ones. We are very fortunate that they moved away, a long way away, and the new ones are lovely. :)

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #332542 by celt
Replied by celt on topic I hate change
We have had another thought he may be attempting to subdivide, how he could do that legally I don't know mind you but hey strangers things have happened. The good thing about subdivision is we would have to have the long steep driveway concreted the bad thing would be noise, disruption and another bloody neighbour. I am trying to be zen like and philisophical but celts have a dark and melancoly soul; that's why they are such big drinkers to compensate. :D

1 kiwi husband, 14 year old boy girl twins. Gave up my beautiful 16 acres north of auckland for 1000m2 in central christchurch! Yikes. Plan to get as much produce out of that 1000m2 as possible.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #332552 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic I hate change
Maybe it'll be a neighbour with a still!

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #332558 by celt
Just got to grow enough tatties.[;)]

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #332566 by drifter
Replied by drifter on topic I hate change

celt;319545 wrote: I am trying to be zen like and philisophical but celts have a dark and melancoly soul; that's why they are such big drinkers to compensate. :D

I prefer this description of Celts to the the one I heard today. I was at a field day talking about feed budgeting etc and the guy talking reckoned he didn't like the idea of bought in feed because: 'he was Celt, and a Celt was the equivelent of a Dutchman with all the generosity squeezed out' [:0]
Although he did go on to say there were certain circumstances in which bought in feed use would be profitable.

I hate the uncertainty of new neighbours too. Like Isla my last lot were mad... and bad[}:)]

Strange how much you've got to know, Before you know how little you know.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #332575 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic I hate change
:) Celt .. pray hard for me to win lotto , and me and my sheep and goats will buy the place next to yours ... we are all well behaved and friendly :) .. and my 2 dogs only ever bark if there is something wrong and Dad must be told

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #332589 by witheze
Replied by witheze on topic I hate change
I'm getting new neighbours too. It's a lucky dip I guess. But yes I hate change too. Are you a Capricorn too Celt? :)

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #332591 by celt
Stu R, fingers crossed for you. Witheze I'm a Libran, well balanced and sensible which sound bloody boring and in reality is just that. Oh I wish I could be spontaneous. Right I'm off to have a dry sherry[}:)]

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #332592 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic I hate change

Witheze I'm a Libran, well balanced and sensible which sound bloody boring and in reality is just that. Oh I wish I could be spontaneous. Right I'm off to have a dry sherry[}:)]

Ooooh! Librians have long memories so don't are cross one :D

Drifter wrote:

he was Celt, and a Celt was the equivalent of a Dutchman with all the generosity squeezed out' [:0]

I've never met one of those Dutchmen :D

But then I'm a combination of Irish/Scottish/English/Spanish So I guess there is a fair bit of Celt in me. I'm not dark and masonic though. More the ginger, fair, burn in the sun kind of person

But Celt I hear you about change. We have just had new neighbours move in and although I haven't met them yet, they have a horrible dog that cry/screams all the time. I don't know what sort of a bitsa he is, (the dog that is, not the neighbour) but he sounds like a toddler having a tantrum all the time. It's horrendous

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #332614 by celt
have pity people, don't feed my fear, only happy stories please.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #332617 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic I hate change

celt;319621 wrote: have pity people, don't feed my fear, only happy stories please.

[}:)]

:D :D I have very nice neighbours on the other side! They were away recently, so I fed their big GS who is lovely with me. I got a nice bottle of wine for my kindness! :D

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #332621 by celt
now that's better Stikki.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #332629 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic I hate change
I have new neighbours and am happy. They sited their house in the perfect spot to give us both privacy. They have double glazing so no noise from the house. The only noise was from their dog and she was apologising profusely and indicating that they may have to rehome her. I said - no way. This is all so new she is just reacting to all she sees so don't make an issue of it; I won't either and she will settle. Samoyd and she has. The only other noise I have heard is from their children when they were using their swimming pool in Summer but that was always laughter and fun so no issue there either. The only thing I don't like is that their house is about 4 times the size and height of mine making mine look like the gatehouse but so what? Each to their own as I have no desire to live in a mansion so not a problem for me. Ouch - think of the cleaning. Yuck!

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #332657 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic I hate change
We actually went from a neighbour who knew it all where stock is concerned!!! (yeah right, but didn't seem to use any of the knowledge he supposedly had?) to two sisters who have no animals at all. One of them trots across the driveway to feed the wether owned by another neighbour who doesn't live on his property. The chap now runs to the fence to get his treat of bread whenever he sees her.
Apparently things got a bit hysterical when she found a dead mouse in their garage at 5am. The very same neighbours who had the two chickens under the bed in the sleep out in the garage and phoned us in a panic.

We hear very little from most of our neighbours. Now and then the dramatic squeals of joy, or tantrum from the two little tots up the top of the drive but not annoying, just tots being tots.

In fact, even when our neighbours have a party, it's just a party and no extreme noise or anything... apart from one, but not very often.

The neighbour who owns most of the land around us... well that's another story, owns it, has stock on it, doesn't live on it and has had plans to build commercial buildings.... or sell it.. who knows. I have many names for him but none of them can be used on a public forum. I can say however that he has told some massive fibs to the council as to what his neighbours have said and apparently, according to him, have agreed to. If I were him, I'd carry a fire extinguisher in case his pants catch on fire.. if you remember they old rhyme ending in 'pants on fire'.
Luckily, the council knows a few truths. [;)]

We have photos of geese swimming across one of his paddocks he claims doesn't flood. A goose, as far as I know, would need much deeper water to swim in than a duck, having longer legs?
You have to laugh!

Yakut

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds